3.01.2013

(non) foodie friday

Let me tell you about this week.

I have only cooked dinner literally 1 time, so basically there isn't any neat-o food to talk about. 
Unless you want to know about the chicken sandwich I got from Wendy's a few nights ago. 
And you probably don't, so there you go. 

Christian and I have been bogged down by a majillion things this week. 
Midterms, family commitments, endless homework, you get the idea.
I think the stress of it all has taken a toll on my immune system
(what's new?!)
and I've been battling some serious fatigue this week. 

Take Wednesday morning for instance. 
After a hot 6 hours of sleep, which is basically a recipe for disaster when it comes to my emotional state, my alarm rang at the crack of dawn. 

And this is what happened.
Not even 10 seconds into my Kenny Loggins alarm,
my brain starts freaking out, and I'm all:

"Why the heck is my alarm ringing?!"
"Why do I still have a Kenny Loggins song as my alarm?
in fact, I hate this freaking song!"
(which I totally don't but that's what happens when you are low on sleep. 
Hatred= everything) 
"swear word!!!!"
"I can't believe I have to get up and make a meal right now, just so we can stay on campus until like 9 o'clock tonight! I hate campus!"
"And I don't even like eating dinner!"
"And I have to go to Biology this morning?! TO LEARN ABOUT DNA?! 
I DON'T EVEN LIKE DNA!"
"It's so cold in this room, it's like the arctic tundra! And I don't even like the arctic tundra!"
"WHY IS THIS SONG STILL PLAYING?!"

......and that's when, 
in all my dramatic and exhausted glory, 
I burst into tears.
Full-on sobbing, snot running down my face, blubbering, ugly cry, tears.
For about 10 straight minutes. 
It wasn't even 6:30 in the morning, and I was already reaching a 10 on my emotional scale. 
NOT GOOD, DUDES. 
Poor Christian just sat there rubbing my back in an attempt to console me.
Which didn't work, and somehow actually made me more mad.
(sorry about that, my dear husband...)

And then, to ice that blessed cake, I cried about 4 more times that day.
Just.... I can't......
I know right??

So yeah. Basically that's the kind of week we've had.
And I'm really looking forward to wiping my hands clean of it ha!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh I love this. I remember feeling like that when I was in school. I still have those times where one tiny thing happens and it's all downhill from there. And all the tiny negative feelings come like a flash flood. Oh to be a girl. PS...can you tell I'm blog stalking you? Don't be freaked out. I'm just obsessed with your blog and awesome writing skills, that's all.

Related posts

.