4.03.2013

{ illness } wednesday

The last week has left me completely drained, in every way. 
I've been holed up in our basement apartment, sick as a dog, and expelling everything imaginable from my body. 
(Mucus, blood, vomit, the works)

I've missed a lot of class and a lot of work, and my poor amazing husband was left to take care of three kids on Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night AND Sunday all by himself while I wallowed in my disgusting illness.
He's simply the best.

All this down time has left me thinking a lot. 
About how I use my time in general, and just ways that I can be better and enrich my life. 
I get so sick of this blog, and the blog world sometimes. 
In that way, I'm incredibly grateful that I was sick because I've been able to just set a lot of the social media aside.
It's been refreshing, and I want to figure out some better things to do with my time, especially now that the weather is getting nice and I can enjoy more time outside. 
Some of these things are going to be a big focus of my summer:

- hike, hike and hike with Christian. I want to climb Timp at least twice!
- read tons of uplifting and entertaining books. Religious and non-religious. 
- run, bike, and swim until I drop. And then do it some more. 
- Go on walks with my sweetheart. I miss that about being engaged.
- take our pseudo children fishing, to the park, to Utah Lake, etc.
- go to the ZOO!
- eat lots of snow cones.
- go to an outdoor concert
(Mumford and Sons in Phoenix anyone??)
- pal around with our families in the warm tropics of Florida
(I'm hoping, I'm hoping, I'm hoping.....)
- and just.... have fun. Have a simple summer. One that's uplifting and rejuvinating and doesn't just slay me like the last 2 summers have. 

I'm really looking forward to finishing school and enjoying all that. 

1 comment:

Kimber said...

poor brooke, life sounded so awful, i can't imagine being so hardcore sick for so long. your summer sounds simply wonderful though! you're a better person than i, when i'm stuck at home for an extended amount of time it seems like all i do is social media and internet so that's super awesome you refrained from it during your extended stay at home, i definitely need to be better about that too!!!

Related posts

.