3.27.2013

wellness wednesday: march music

Spring has sprung (sorta) and this month, some happy music was in order. 
So without further adieu, here ya go:

Top 3 Favorite Workout Songs
- March Edition -

Best warm up song:
Let the Groove Get In- Justin Timberlake
It started in 3rd grade, and it's still going strong.
I guess my JT obsession will never end.
And this song?!
You will totally feel pumped to workout after listening to it.

Best power song:
Kiss You- One Direction
You know what else will never die?
My obsession with boy bands.
I am seriously in love with this song. 
If you need a good summer jam, this is it. 
Even Christian likes this song guys!
Also, the music video is great.
Seriously, WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!?!

Best cool down song:
Apartment- Young the Giant
These guys are one of my favorite bands, ever, of all time, in the history of life.
They have such a wonderful groovy sound, and this song is no exception.
Turn up the volume and get that lactic acid out of your system as you stretch along!

There you have it.
And y'welcome.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Also, here's just a brief update on my/our progress. 
Last week, I found a 20 week training program for an olympic distance triathlon. That's... count 'em...
FIVE
MONTHS. 
People. 
In the words of Christian:
"SHEESH that is hardcore!" 
But you know what? We are both feeling so good that I don't think tackling that beast is going to be a problem.
Let's just say I'm pretty sure I will be kicking some serious trash once I get back on my road bike, yeehaw!

Anyways, I'm still trying to decide between 2 races in Utah this summer. The one that's cheaper and closer doesn't have an olympic distance option, which I've kinda got my heart set on doing. 
So we shall see what happens. 
TOUGH DECISIONS, RIGHT?! 

And the last bit of news...
I'm going to a conference this weekend about health coaching(!!!)
One of my friends is a personal trainer and health coach, and has told me a little bit about the program, and I'm super excited to see what it's all about and maybe get more involved!

(Also, sorry to be a total meat head about some of this. 
I'm just super excited about the shape I'm in and the habits Christian and I are forming as a couple.
It's so much fun to be healthy and exercise with him, and I'm feeling better than ever! 
Reasons to rejoice, and share, right??)

No comments:

Related posts

.