5.28.2013

thoughts from the weekend

- The past few nights before I've fallen asleep, I've had swimsuit pattern ideas running through my head. 
This is weird because I have never designed, or sewn, any item of clothing in my life.
(Unless you count when I was 13 years old and we made pajama pants for girls camp . 
Which I don't)
Here's something interesting about yours truly: in the minutes before I fall asleep, I receive a lot of inspiration. Like once I was in this math class and I had been working on a problem for literally 3 hours and I couldn't figure it out. So I went to bed, and lo and behold, the right formula popped into my head right as I was falling asleep. 
First thing in the morning, I woke up, used that very formula, and got the math problem right. 
This happens to me ALL THE TIME. 

- About a month ago, I got the WEIRDEST breakout in the history of ever. 
First, it didn't even coincide with my hormones. WTF body?
Second, it was on my forehead, and in all my acne-stricken years, I've NEVER had problems with my forehead.
Well, praise everything that is good and wonderful, I am finally in remission and my skin looks a little less like chicken flesh and a little more pristine.

- We went to the public pool on Saturday, and I was very surprised at the number of bikinis and fake boobs that assassinated our view. I mean, I thought the beaches in South Florida were bad.
Sometimes Utah county just grosses me the heck out.

- Also... GUYS.
I have never been one to spend a lot of money on shoes. A pair of target flats that costs 20 bucks is steep for me. Well, Christian (in his never ending sweetness) bought me a pair of flats from JCrew as an anniversary gift and it completely changed everything I've ever known about anything.
I'M NOT KIDDING.
They are by far the best pair of shoes I've ever owned.
 I am no longer holding myself to only spending 10 bucks on a pair of shoes, because I've been missing out!

- Being in our apartment is the literal worst thing ever these days
As glamorous as our window wells are (NOT) they let in approximately -2% light and even though the weather has been amazing, it still feels like a dungeon. 
Cold, dark and miserable. 
So we do things like spend 8 hours at the gym and make two trips to Walmart in one day, and drive around Orem just for the heck of it. (Cause you know, the scenery here is like the best ever)
Guys. I HATE Walmart. You know things are desperate when we go there twice in one day.
Any solutions for brightening up a basement??
Help a sister out.

- We watched The Man from Snowy River yesterday and as a first-time-watcher, here is what I thought:
First, not an accurate title for the movie. The boy looks like he is 12. It should have been called 
"The Prepubescent Child from Snowy River"
Second, the girls face looked like it was dirty THE WHOLE MOVIE.
I mean, I just wanted to take a makeup wipe to her or something!
Third, I really like horses.
Fourth, Christian and I called each other a "duffer" all night.
Fifth, I think that will be the one and only time I ever watch that movie.
Sorrynotsorry.

- We are going to Arizona this weekend, both for Nicole's baby shower and as a little anniversary getaway. 
I've never been so excited to bask in 110 degree weather.
(I'm sure my overly-sweaty self will be heartily disagreeing come Friday)
Activities will include: Bryce Canyon, a 25 mile bike ride, sunrise at the Grand Canyon, hiking, swimming, food-ing, not sleeping, and a whole lotta lovin on my best friend and husband.

- And finally, I am really thankful for Christian. 
He makes me laugh, he makes me madder than anyone else.... 
And mostly he just makes me happy. Marriage is strange and hard and wonderful and I'm so thankful that Christian is my partner through it all!
To the man who is obsessively clean, makes the best pancakes, and does an amazing Sean Connery impersonation.....
Love you, ya Duffer.

No comments:

Related posts

.