5.14.2013

tuesday thankfuls

- I'm thankful we aren't in school for the next few months. 
It's ridiculous how happy we've been around here the last few weeks. 
Christian and I just keep looking at each other and saying
"Summer is SO AWESOME!!!!!"

- I'm thankful for good books. 
I'm reading an excellent one right now, and it's amazing how much more alive, and like myself, I feel when I'm filling my mind with literature. And let's be real, nothing is more peaceful than ending the day in bed with a candle and a good book.
(Speaking of candles, this is the one we have in our room right now and WOAH NELLY. It's straight up heaven in a jar)

- I'm thankful for swimming pools.
We went and swam laps last night and it felt SO STINKING GOOD. 
To quote my adorable swim team lovin' brother
"Being in the water makes me so happy I could cry."
For reals, Mckay.

- I am thankful for cooking.
We've been cooking up a storm the last 3 months, and I didn't realize how much I missed that while we were in Florida. We made spicy mango shrimp with coconut sauce last night, and it was fantastic! 
Plus Christian is the BEST sou chef around. I love that he loves to cook with me.

- I'm thankful for the sun. 
Given that we live in a basement, the first glimpse of the sun doesn't come until we are walking out the door in the morning for work. But no matter, it makes my whole morning better.

- Finally, I'm thankful for this guy. 
He is hilarious, he is beyond smart, he is kind and patient and he is just plain amazing. 
This last year of being married to him has been the best of my life. I can't wait for many more to come!
 Also, this is the face he made when I told him to act like he was scared of the alligators on our airboat ride a few weeks ago. 
Captain Gooberpants.

No comments:

Related posts

.