5.15.2013

wellness wednesday: and so it begins

On Monday, Christian and I started training for the triathlon we will be doing in August.
I always get WAY pumped when I'm on a training schedule, but to be honest, I was a little bummed to be switching up my work out routine this time. I was loving all the classes I was going to at the gym. Thankfully, I found a good, but moderately paced training program for us to follow so we can still go pump the iron at BodyPump and I can go to Zumba twice a week without killing myself.

(You CANNOT take me away from my beloved Zumba!!)

Would you like a peek at what the next few months will be like for us?
OKAY!
Month 1   
WeekMTWTHFSSTOTALVol
112-Swim24-Bike20-Swim & Zumba12-Run40-Bike20-Run & WeightsOff2h 8m
Weights & Zumba128m
213-Swim26-Bike 22-Swim & Zumba13-Run44-Bike22-Run & WeightsOff2h 20m+10%
Weights & Zumba140m

We also started eating MUCH differently in order to help make the training as effective as possible. Not that we were horrible before, but all of our meals now are solid vegetables and protein with some carbs and fruit mixed in.
As a girl who loves her sugar
(No like.... I don't think you understand....)
this is a slight adjustment, to say the least. Diet Coke is helping as I wean myself off the one-or-sometimes-more-than-one-treat-a-day regime, but for some reason soda doesn't seem like the best alternative....
What can I say.
YOLO, right?

2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Look at you! Do you do the Zumba at 24? I should start going back to that class! &yes, the Gap event is open to anyone and everyone, you don't have to even have a blog haha Hope I see you there!!

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh, you're amazing! Good luck with your training! I don't think I'm brave enough to try a tri! I can't wait to follow your journey :)

Related posts

.