6.05.2013

wellness wednesday: the bike ride to end all bike rides

I started road biking about 5 years ago when my family lived in Arizona. About 10 minutes from my house was the most beautiful loop that we would ride all the time.
The whole thing is about 23 miles of pure awesome, and I've been dying to take Christian on that ride for years now.
Look at this hottie in all his scruffy glory.
Well I can officially cross that off my bucket list because this weekend when we were visiting Arizona, we conquered that bad boy. And I couldn't have been happier.

This look is what I call "hipster athletica", what with all my bike gear and spandex and wayfarers and all.
Just tryin to keep it real, you know?

 Mid-ride, and in a lot of pain because we stopped at the top of a hill to take pictures.



 Conquered!

 
And oh so happy!
Arizona, we love you!


*Just a side note... if you are ever going on a long-ish ride, it's pretty important to make sure your bike is adjusted properly. My bike seat was too low, and it made me feel like I was riding a motorcycle the whole time. Also, my knees were killing me and I felt like my frontal lobe was going to come out of my head because my shoulders were so scrunched, and all kinds of nonsense. So much drama over one little bike seat.*

2 comments:

Kimber said...

i don't think i could (or want to) ever do that in my life. go you guys!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! How fun!

Related posts

.