7.31.2013

wellness wednesday: july music

Top 3 Favorite Workout Songs
- July Edition - 
Nothing makes me happier than listening to music that I have loved for years.
Thus, a throwback to my high school, music lovin day. 


Best warm up song:
Suspension- Mae
Once I told my high school cross country coach that this was my favorite running song.
A week later on the way to a race, he showed me his ipod and guess what he was listening to.
Suspension. By Mae. And he was loving it. 
Also he had red hair and braces and he was like 35 years old, so basically he was just super goofy and awesome.


Best power song:
Just Want You to Know- Backstreet Boys
This is great to run to.
All I have to say other than that is you REALLY need to watch this music video.
Because yes that is Nick Carter with a mullet.
Also. The new BSB album? MINT. My love for them will never die.
Sorry Christian.

Best BONUS power song:
I Want to Save You- Something Corporate
Ah so much love for this band and the man behind the music!
And this song just takes me back to being a 14 year old and riding in the car with my buds from seminary to school. The good old days.
This is also great for running. The beat is enough to make you work hard, but you won't want to keel over and die by the end.
Win win!

Best cool down song:
Hands Down- Dashboard
Because what was high school without a little emo Dashboard song right? 
Also this song just makes me feel great about life, and there's no better way to end a work out than feeling great about life.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good list, girl, good list. I still run to all of these songs too.

Except I seriously cannot even handle listening to hands down without singing it ridiculously and then really missing you. So sad.

Related posts

.