8.21.2013

p.s. I love you

Did you know Christian confessed that he loved me before we even started dating??
Pull up a chair and let me tell a story.

When Christian and I were still babies, and very much in "like" with each other, we were all about communicating via text. 
(It's like we were 18 or something!)
Infants.

One night, I was hanging out in my dorm watching a chick flick with my girls. 
Otherwise known as basically what we did all the time. Anyways. 
Christian and I, staying true to form, were just texting away when he asked me what I was doing. 

"Watching a movie"
I said. 

"What movie?"
Is Christian's natural response. 

"P.S. I love you"
I told him. 
Because duh. 
That's what we were watching. 

Now if you know anything about my husband, he is literally the biggest tease in the history of ever. And it was on this night that I was about to get my first real dose of that.

Seconds later I get a text that says
"Well I love you too!"

So I'm like
"No no no, we're watching P.S. I love you"

To which Christian aptly responds again
"Yeah I said I love you too!"

Versions of this conversation continued for about 10 minutes, during which my thoughts ranged from
"Is this kid serious right now?" to "He's go to be kidding" to "Wonder if he's serious?!" to "Oh my word I hope he's serious!" to "Can't. Handle. This. Ridiculous. Conversation. Any. More."

And that is the story of how Christian said he loved me before we even officially started dating.
What a lil' schmooz.

1 comment:

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

that is an awesome story. love it!

Related posts

.