8.26.2013

people of walmart

We've had some funny experiences at Walmart the last few times we were there.
Let me share them with you.

We were in Vegas a few weeks ago and scrambling to get some food the night we got there, so naturally we stopped at good ol' Wally World (which was under construction by the way. This is important)
We literally had some bagels, cream cheese and orange juice, thus expected a speedy checkout.
However, because of all the construction, there was no visible way for us to get to the registers.
So I look behind us and see this guy checking out at the jewlery counter and I'm like:
"SWEET! There's our way out!"

So I walk up behind him and basically say to the girl helping him:
"Would you mind doing ours really fast too?"
Being super nice of course.

Seriously this is the response I got:
The biggest eye roll in the history of ever, seriously I was worried they were going to fall out of her head kind of eye roll.
Aaaaaand silence.

So I turned on my sass, threw the orange juice in her face, and ran off. 

Kidding I didn't do that.
But I did get super exasperated and give her a tiny piece of my mind, right before finding another register of course.

Then, just a few days later, we were at the Walmart in Orem.
The parking lot was super packed, both with people and cars. So we're trying to hurry through, because we don't want to get stuck behind a mass of pedestrians, like any other self respecting car-driver amiright.

Well, apparently we got in some angry guy's way because 3 seconds after we drove by him,
HE PUNCHED OUR CAR. 

Like straight up, balled fist, pulled out all the stops-punched our car.
So naturally I rolled down my window and yelled
"Are you kidding me?!"
*Let's not acknowledge the fact that I have unheard of amounts of sass these days*

To which he responded:
"ARG NO.... BLAH BLAH BLAH... SOMETHING ABOUT BEING AN IDIOT.... ARG BLAH BLAH!"

All that was going through my head was that line from kid history.
"Don't punch... our car"
Probably should have just said that and called it good. Probably I'm not going back to Walmart for a long time!

Have you ever been to Walmart and seen someone who's just absolutely lost it?
(Actually, I don't have to ask that question. I know you have.
IT'S WALMART)

4 comments:

Kimber said...

BAAAA! oh my gosh HE PUNCHED YOUR CAR??? who does that???? i'm schocked and smiling really big at the same time. you and that sass these days. it's like years ago you'd joke about wishing you had said/done sassy stuff to people when they were rude and now suddenly you're doing it! (look peter, i'm doing it! i'm flying!) you go girlllll

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

What the random guy punching your car... ha ha ha who does that? You have great stories. Walmart is an adventure in itself always. ha ha

Chantel said...

AHAHA! WHOA! Too bad these too stories couldn't have been combined and the car-puncher-man punch the rolling-eye-lady.

Yeah... Walmart...

And also, I like your sass. I love you, Brooke!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Sass sounds good to me. I can't believe that guy PUNCHED your car. RIDICULOUS. I'm glad you rolled your window down and yelled. I always think of stuff like that after it happens.

Related posts

.