9.12.2013

songs for rainy days

All this dreary weather we've been having has got me in a certain mood. 
The kind that involves listening to slow, acoustic-driven, melancholy music and sitting on my couch under a blanket while spending hours on Pinterest, I mean what?!
I really enjoy picking music to go with the seasons, and I guess that's what I've been doing. Building my autumn/rainy day playlist. 
Here are some of my favorite songs at the moment.

Punch Brothers- Soon or Never
Punch Brothers- Soon or Never
Ohhhhh this song.
The strings and banjos and harmonies just kill me. 
If you listen to any of these song, please let it be this one. 

Amos Lee- What's Been Going On
I'm married to Amos Lee's biggest fan, so we listen to a lot of that around here. 
This is one of my favorites of his.

Sara Bareilles- Islands
This album is great, but this is by far by favorite song from it. 
The chord progression is too good!

And there you have it. If you are like me and feel the need to usher in a new season with appropriate music, please indulge. This girl knows music,
(scuse me while I toot my horn, toot toot!)
and these songs are some of the best.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh, I have been OBSESSED with Islands ever since the album came out. Too good. Toooooo good. Oh and Punch Brothers are always great as well. :)

Related posts

.