11.19.2013

a public apology and other stuff

This morning, I was mentally running through the list of people who've communicated with me and expressed some desire to "catch up" and you know, the likes. Then I was mentally running through the number of people I've followed through with. 

GUYS. It's like 1. 
Out of probably 10 people. 
Which should probably make me the worst friend ever, so I just need to apologize to anyone who I've maybe half communicated with and then never followed up with. I've hardly had the mental energy for school this semester, let alone extra social engagements. One of the travesties of the first trimester drain I guess? Anyways, I'm really really tired of that being an excuse, and having to use it all the time, but I guess it's reality. I'm just a lame person okay?! I promise I love you and I promise I won't be unavailable forever!

Also, let me tell you a story. 
On Sunday morning, I woke up at 3:45 am and proceeded to puke every 20 minutes for the next 6 1/2 hours. That's approximately 20 total times. And sadly, this is not even a slight exaggeration.
After a phone call to my doctor, she confirmed my worst fear: I needed to go to the ER.
Upon which we discovered it was going to cost $1000 big ones, so we opted out of that crap (because A THOUSAND BUCKS? joke.) and went to the urgent care, where we hung out for about 2 hours while the shoved the hugest needles of my life into my hips, and did this test and that test while I sat there dying and just wishing that I could have a drink of water because my mouth felt like the Gobi Desert. Also I fell asleep in the chair at one point, and when I walked out of the office I had a huge red mark on my face which made me laugh because I already looked horrific, so why not?

Thankfully, the injections worked miracles and stopped the vomiting, and even though they made my whole body hurt like you wouldn't believe, I went home and watched movies with Christian all day while eating popsicles and gatorade and being grouchy that I always get so sick on the weekends, but also so thankful that Christian isn't grossed out by me. So that's good. 

Ah pregnancy. Such a beautiful, beautiful mess.  
And I promise I'm done talking about being sick all the time. 
Promise, promise, promise.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

that sounds so awful!!! i'm so sorry you have to puke so much :( rotten i tell ya! stop saying you'll stop talk about being sick during pregnant because you ARE and that's ok! it helps to talk about it, and it helps people empathize with ya!

Nicole said...

OH MY GOSH, HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE?! I'm so sorry that you were so sick, girl! And I agree with Kimber, keep talking about all of the sickness and anything concerning your pregnancy! I wish I could come and take care of you!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

That sounds awful!! You must have the really bad type of morning sickness :(.

The Wilsons said...

Upon reading this, I feel proud to be the minority of people you have followed up with, even if it was freezing and short. I'll take what I can get :)

Related posts

.