11.01.2013

happy happy friday

A few things.

1. I'm still just so thrilled that we have finally made our baby news public!
(Surprise surprise, if we aren't friends on facebook!)
Here I am, apparently tiny, at 12 weeks.
I'm just dying for this belly to pop already because the bloat is killing me and I want to see proof of this baby!
Also, can we talk about morning sickness for a minute? BECAUSE SERIOUSLY.
It's all day sickness, not just morning. And if you are looking for a fast way to just wreck yourself, that's it.
There will be more barfing stories to come, but let me just tell you. I threw up 5 times one day last week.
CHAMPION.

2. Today is my birthday!
One friend said it perfectly... "You've been given the best gift this year!" (referring to little nugget in my tum). And I couldn't agree more! I don't even care that I'm another year older and another year wiser. I'm just thrilled to spend the evening with my boo, and relish in the fact that I'm carrying our little one.
Also this is what my coworkers did for me.
Also my family sent me new pajamas and maternity clothes and our first round of baby outfits!
And sweet Christian continued last year's tradition of an early morning Krispy Kreme run (he's so the bomb).
So I guess birthdays are alright ;)

3. Lastly, our....... uh......... house family? People we live with?
Anyways, they got a boxer puppy this week.
(All sorts of awesome, but also not because hello. Now we have FOUR children to take care of)
She is the sweetest most precious little thing ever.
Except she's been having major withdrawals from her mom and sibs, so all she wants to do is snuggle ALL THE TIME. This was my view as I did my hair this morning:
Ahhhhhhhhh kill me with all the cute!

Anyways, life is so busy right now, and it feels like we're in a constant state of crazy. Complete with barfing of course! But things are good, and today is a good day. And I'm so thankful for that!

5 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Congratulations!!!

Chantel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so great! And also Happy Birthday! Lots of big news this week! :)

Catherine said...

YAY! Congrats! I'm due in March AND I just saw that you got married the day before I did, so we're basically twins. :) Pregnancy is the WORST. I am it's number one hater. But it does get marginally better second trimester and you're so close!

Oh and happy birthday too! :)
the-streeters.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

How very exciting!!! Congrats! Also, sorry I'm commenting on this four days after it was written. For some reason, naps keep winning over reading blogs, ha.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Oh Brooke, I am so happy you finally announced your pregnancy. I knew you were. I kept telling Terie that you kept confirming it... and recently I thought maybe not she hasn't said anything else.... and wa la you announce. I'm so excited for you! Pregnancy is fun. I have 5 weeks left and the journey is a fun one, going through things with your body that you thought you'd never really go through... ha ha. I can't wait to read your blogs. :)

Related posts

.