1.11.2014

another bumpdate

Oh man you guys. The crap really hit the fan this week. Thankfully Christmas break was amazing, and I'm hanging on to it..... the happy memories, the sunshine, the good food the people we love....
But we hardly made it out of Florida before life was like:
 "I'M ABOUT TO WRECK YOU!!!!" 
I will update more later, but I'm so mentally and emotionally exhausted by it all that I'm choosing not to think about it today. It's funny, none of it is school related either... for once in our lives. It's always something though, which I'm learning the hard way! Thankfully we've got our little guy to be happy about, which is why I thought it was time for another pregnancy update!

How far along? 22 weeks. Cruising right along!

Weight gain: I weighed myself a few days before we left Florida, and I had finally gained! About 5 pounds! Obviously Christmas break was good to me ha.

Sleep: Thankfully I'm doing pretty good in this department! I've adjusted to side sleeping, which was seriously my biggest worry. Now I just need to figure out how to make myself wake up in the middle of the night to pee and we're good!

Best moment of the week: While watching White Collar in bed last night, little man was seriously flipping out. Christian was able to put his hand on my belly and feel him move more than he ever has before. It was really awesome. 

Weird pregnancy moment: All the crazy aches and pains. I swear I wake up with a new one every day, and each time I'm like "how is there a muscle there?!"
Also, we had to sprint through the airport earlier this week, and I think I pulled every imaginable muscle in my abdomen, groin (TMI?!), and legs in a matter of 5 minutes. I'm serious, I was in so much pain all week long. Who knew that could wreck you so bad?! This sciatica thing is weird too. Pregnancy does some crazy ish to your body, that's for sure.

Movement: I'm feeling him move all day, every day. I can actually see my belly moving as I type ha. It's really simple, but I'm amazed at the connection I feel to him through his movements. I can't wait to hold his wiggly little body for real!

Cravings: The cravings have abated a bit, but one things that's tasted AMAZING to me this week is vegetables (specifically avocados). I never thought I'd be able to stomach veggies again after the first trimester, but I can't get enough of them right now. I'm not complaining! I'm also loving orange juice/citrus (nothing new), and chocolate milk.

Anything making you queasy? NO!!!! I'm so thrilled about it! The only times I ever start feeling even close to queasy is when I don't eat enough, which happens fairly often, but it's manageable. I'm beyond grateful that the last few weeks have been kind to me, and I'm hoping I've got more to come. I have an unreal amount of energy right now, and my mental and emotional state feels better than ever. It's a HUGE contrast to how the first 4 1/2 months went and I'm SO thankful.

Gender? A sweet little boy! We've got some good names picked out so far, and I can't wait until we actually settle on one (which probably won't happen until the delivery, but you never know!). Also don't bother asking, because we aren't spilling the beans to anyone but our families! Surprises are way more fun!

What I'm looking forward to: Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to getting bigger! I already feel pretty largeandincharge, but I guess I associate getting bigger with getting closer to the due date which I'm obviously thrilled about. I'm also looking forward to working with my wardrobe now that things are fitting differently. It's a bit of a challenge, but I've got a great stash of maternity clothes (THANK YOU MOM!!) which helps a ton, and it's sort of fun "dressing the bump". Basically pregnancy is great right now. I'm feeling thankful and blessed to be out of the nightmare that was the first trimester, and really enjoying things now. Hopefully we are smooth sailing from here!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

GIRL you look amazing! Also, I think I have that maternity shirt, target? (Christian Bale or...target t-shirts?!)

I'm so glad you are feeling better! And that you get to feel your little guy moving around all the time, that's the best! I love you, let's talk soon please!

Related posts

.