1.20.2014

awkward and awesome

Thank you Daybook for coming up with the best way possible to describe the last two weeks of our life.
And here we go.

AWKWARD:
- I'm not going to lie, I've been digging this Enrique song for a while now. It my gym-jam! Har har.
I also have to admit that one of my favorite things to do when I listen to it is pick out the super Latin way he says a lot of his words. It's so so funny.

- Next awkward thing is that basically the rest of these are pregnancy related. Sorry it's all I talk about, it's just the reality of my life. PREGNANCY IS SORT OF AWKWARD SOMETIMES. Soooo really I'm not that sorry ;)

- Sooo the waddle I'm starting to develop. Here's the thing. Everything south of my belly button hurts ALL THE TIME. Like breath-through-the-pain-while-putting-on-my-pants kind of hurts. I'm fine with it... at least I'm not puking! But it makes walking kind of hard, for sure. Hence the glamorous waddle. Speaking of my belly button and walking....

-My belly button IS SO AWKWARD. It's stretched out enough now that it's not quite flat and not quite indented, and it looks so funny. I make Christian examine it with me every day, which is also awkward. Double whammy.

- So walking. I swear I can't go any faster than maaaybe half a mile an hour. It's embarrassing and I feel bad for people who have to trudge along behind me on campus. But I practically need a wheel chair all the time, so everyone will just have to be patient with the slow pregnant lady!

-Pregnant exercise. SO AWKWARD. I've been trying to get to the gym every day, and the more I'm there, the more I just laugh at how ridiculous I look. I think I just have to accept that a pregnant woman lifting weights/using the elliptical/doing zumba/swimming/anything else is never NOT going to look awkward. 

- When the airport lost all our luggage last week, and we got stuck in Atlanta over night and almost had to sleep in the airport, AND we missed the first 3 days of classes. YOLO!

- The fact that we had to move out of our apartment this weekend.
Because our land lady sprung on us that she sold her house last week.
Um...... YEAH.

-  Our awesome habit of playing plants vs. zombies almost every night before we go to bed. Add that to the animal planet show we've been watching every day this week, and you just don't get any cooler than that!

AWESOME:
- These pictures of the family dogs:


-My new internship with The Girls With Glasses.
It's packing a punch this semester so far, but I'm having fun!

- Another ultrasound for baby boy this week!
I can't wait to see his little face again!!!! Also, I had a dream about him last night in which we shared a bowl of edamame together 2 days after he way born. Apparently he had teeth that quickly, no big deal. I'm just dying to cuddle him already. An ultrasound will have to do for now!

-This song. Ohhhh JT. Killin it as usual.

- Playing scrabble with Christian for hours on end. Another one of our game obsessions, and I don't mind it one bit. We've also been attending classical concerts on campus together every week, and it's so fun doing different things like that together. Scrabble and concerts, I guess that's all we need. Like the geriatrics we are.

- The most generous friends and family. We had tons of help this weekend with our move, and I've been overwhelmed by gratitude. And when we were in Florida, the sweetest woman in my parent's ward gifted us a ton of baby boy clothes that she wasn't using anymore!
I've been reminded many times over the last few weeks that people are so good.
And on that fine note...
THE END.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

a) GWG show?!?!?! woman I need to hear ALL the details about this! I'm seriously so so so intrigued!

b) your pregnancy sounds wonderfully awkward. making babies is tough work!

c) OMG on getting kicked out of your place on such short notice, WTF!?!?!

Chantel said...

These are great awkward & awesome! You ROCK for still going to the gym being pregnant. Seriously, you have such strong willpower. Also, I can't believe your landlord kicked that on you! I hope the move went well! I'm excited about your sweet, growing little boy. You are awesome, Brooke!

Nicole said...

I love your updates! My bellybutton also looked so weird like that! hahaha its so odd.

Please text me pictures of your ultrasound. Serious.

And what? The GWG?! I am also intrigued! I kind of love Brooke White. Please tell me you will be on the show.

Facetime soon? Please?

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

The people selling the house without telling y'all? That is awful.

Our first landlord was going to rent out their part of the house...and put in the contract that they could use the washer/dryer in our apartment. The only reason we found out was because I asked. We moved out of that place ASAP.

I can't imagine having to move while you are pregnant!!

Related posts

.