2.21.2014

a third trimester update

Things are obviously boring around here guys. The 3 pregnancy related pictures on this page are proof of that! Poor Christian has mono and has been sick for over 2 weeks now (I KNOW), so we are taking things easy these days. Watching Sherlock, doing homework, sleeping a lot... you know. Real exciting stuff. 
I hit a milestone this week though!
TRIMESTER THREE!!
We are in the home stretch people! 

How far along? 28 weeks.

Weight gain: Guys, I honestly haven't been to the doctor in forrreevvveerr. Based on the way my body feels though, I'm guessing I'm about 7ish lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight, which is actually a gain of about 15 lbs because of the vomit-inducing weight loss during the first trimester.

Sleep: I've been waking up a lot more lately, but I attribute that to being sensitive to my sick husband's tossing and turning all night.... poor guy. Still having crazy dreams though!

Best moment of the week: This hasn't been one specific moment, but sometimes little man moves so vigorously that it feels like HE is pulling me around instead of the other way. I think we've got some fun and busy years ahead of us! ;)

Weird pregnancy moment: I haven't had too many of these lately! I guess it's kind of weird to me when people find out I'm 7 months along and comment on how I still look pretty small. I mean, I'm certainly not huge, but I definitely feel very pregnant ha.

Movement: This baby gets the hiccups 2-5 times a day, which is super funny and cute to feel. He's also very fond of flailing every limb at the same time, which I feel in literally every part of my abdomen at one time. It's so strange and sweet and fun, all at once!

Cravings: Thankfully my cravings are still pretty mild. I've been loving cold cereal a lot more than normal lately (but who doesn't love the stuff, am i right?), and I've also been wanting to eat hamburgers like every day. Don't know if that can be attributed to pregnancy though!

Anything making you queasy? Slightly... which disturbs me a bit. If that nausea comes back for this last trimester, I don't know what I'm going to do! 
(Eat a lot of orange chicken, probably)

Gender? Well, a boy. Obviously.

What I'm looking forward to: I'm actually getting really excited about the birth. Not so much for the actual BIRTH, but getting it over with. If I think about it too much, it freaks me out. Can't I just hold my cute little guy without having to squeeze him out of my body first?! I'm also weirdly excited to get a stroller. We've been slow to purchase some of those big ticket items (re: we haven't purchased any of them yet!), and it will be fun to acquire some of that stuff... and even better when there's a little human to use it all! 

9 comments:

Lana said...

Strollers are hard things to buy. I'm going to recommend the Baby Home Emotion.
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Home-Emotion-Stroller-Purple/dp/B0071H4HFE

It is pricey. But not as expensive as everyone I know who have purchased 3 or 4 different strollers and still like mine best. V was able to fit in it from day one, but you can buy after market carseat adapters for a few brands. Here's why we love it:
Unbelievably light weight
beautiful streamline design -so simple
not flashy
has mosquito netting or rain fly attachment
you barely have to push it
the 4 wheel base is really sturdy

It was totally worth the price. When we have a second we'll buy a wheel board that clips onto the back for V to stand up on while we push the other one.

Also, we had no idea what to do about high chairs. I will make another suggestion that sadly will never be a part of my life because I got a $30 one that is way uglier but, $30 so...

http://www.amazon.com/Stokke-Tripp-Trapp-Highchair-Walnut/dp/B001D1505A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393012775&sr=8-1&keywords=stokke+tripp+trapp

If you read anything about this high chair you will see how it is amazing. Another european design (the stroller is from Spain) but from Sweden. It can accommodate 250lbs! The foot rest and seat are adjustable to use as the kid grows even up to an adult. They are gorgeously simple designed, and because they're Swedish, they're all ergonomically designed to be best for baby's development. I wish wish wish I had known about this, bc my mom would have totally bought it for me. Alas... garage sale high chair...

Kimber said...

"ha" homestretch…you keep calling it that ;) i kid i kid.

the other day at the park i was looking at my 3 pregnant friends and was like "i'm excited to be pregnant again" ha such a weird thought, but think about it, you only get to do so few timesin your whole life! i'm gld you're enjoying it and i really hope you don't start getting sick again…mmeh.

stroller wise: get some kind of jogger to be your 100% all around stroller, they be bomb. all strollers are big, oh well.

and it makes me laugh every time you write "am i right?" on your blog, it makes me miss you, ha. we should plan a vacation with us 4 girls, seriously.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

YAY!! I loved the last trimester! You are almost there!!!!!

Nicole said...

For reals, all strollers are big. Mine is a baby jogger and it is larger than life (BSB forever), but we love it because we actually do use it for running a lot.

Baby hiccups are hilarious. Stella got them all the time in the womb, and she still does now.

Girl, I am so excited for you to hold that babe of yours! Don't stress too much about the actual labor. Labor means baby is coming, so just think of it that way :)

This comment is super long. I love you!

Aleesha Burke said...

Joggers are the best. We love our phil and teds! The big items are an investment and it is so hard to know what is important to you before you actually have a baby. It's hard too because student budgets are nothing! For me, I would ditch the stroller for a while and just get a good baby carrier. Feel free to call me anytime. I can talk baby stuff forever with you and tell you what I liked. And you are just going to get bigger! Which is good! Love you!

Raquel said...

So jealous of your 7 lb weight gain so far! If I could do one thing over again I'd buy a cheaper used stroller for the first and save my money for a nice double stroller.

Eric Mullis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marinda said...

I love reading your blog because I am only 4 weeks behind you, so it's like a glimpse of what I am about to start experiencing!! Seriously, all of your pregnancy posts have been dead on in predicting the symptoms I have been having! I hear ya with the cereal. Some days cold cereal, like the really bad for you sugary ones likes Cap'n Crunch and Trix that I haven't eaten since I was like 10 were all I ate during the third trimester. No joke! I think I went 3 days straight where that's all I ate because I would throw up anything else I even looked at!! And I hear ya with the constant kicking. It's getting stronger and stronger, and with each kick it's becoming more real to me that WE'RE ACTUALLY HAVING A BABY. Sometimes it still seems unreal to me. Anyway...keep up the pregnancy posts! I'm lovin' them!

Related posts

.