3.10.2015

a few things

I like how I was all "I'm totally blogging more from now on."
And then in all my free time I've been like "I need to clean! make food! lounge! Or maybe even SHOWER!"
To be fair to myself, I do have plenty to do while Nash is sleeping, which is why I think it's hard for me to get back in this habit. Sometimes (ALL THE TIME) showering just takes priority, you know? One post at a time I guess!
Anyways, here's some stuff:


+ When I started this full-time, stay-at-home mom gig, I was incredibly gung ho about keeping my house super clean all the time. Guys. That's just way too hard. So this is what my living room floor looks like all the live long day.

+ My all time favorite person to follow on social media is Natalie Hill Jensen (are you dying for her to re-launch her blog already?!). Anyway, she's started a 30-day Book of Mormon reading challenge for the month of March, which I've adapted for myself and I'm actually trying to just finish by general conference. I've been surprsingly on top of it and I'm loving it so far. I've really needed to make a big commitment to something spiritual like this, and I can't wait to see how I'm feeling at the end of the month! You should do it too.

+ Christian and I have gotten into a weird habit over the last few months. We usually put Nash down between 7:30 and 8 every night, which gives us about 3 hours of time together (sidenote: HEAVEN!). We've been playing a game of Quirkle almost every night, followed by a few episodes of House or Friends. It's the weirdest combination of stuff now that I think about it ha! But I totally love little rituals like that.

+ I just put together a new toy for Nash and what is he doing? Why, chewing on the remote of course. Hashtag babies am I right?!

+ Speaking of Nash, he started clapping last week!! Ah, my mom heart can't EVEN.

+ So the Bachelor! I just finished watching the season finale and I noticed something. At the beginning of every season, I make fun of it, HARD. Seriously you should probably watch it with me because I'm funny as everything. But EVERY YEAR without fail, I'm super invested by the last episode and way emotional and most likely crying at the proposal. Why is that?! It's the craziest show, and what they make those poor people go through is just terrible, when you think about it. But it's like a drug I can't quit. Along with the rest of America.

+ I'm cutting my hair on Saturday. And I mean like reeeeaaallly cutting it. No, like it will be all the way gone. It's only taken me almost a year but I CANNOT take this postpartum hair anymore. I totallly get now why so many moms have super short hair, and I'm about to be one of them. EEEK!

Well that's about it. I better stop now before my non-blogging self goes comatose from aaaaaaallll this writing.

2 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

You are hilarious. (Why can't I stop watching the Bachelor.) (Send me the link for that BOM reading challenge. I need that in my life!)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I want you to send me the BOM challenge too! :)

I love that you've been getting some quality time with your hubby and that your baby is sleeping- AWEOSME.

Thyroid problems + birth control made my hair thin REALLY bad. The good news is that it was back to normal in about a year, but each time I was in a car wreck, I would have more fall out. BABY HAIR EVERYWHERE. I feel your pain. I am not ready for that part of being a Mom, but I am ready to see your haircut :)

Related posts

.