10.18.2010

Hey Monday

That's a band from arizona. 
And here are my sentiments about today. 
Monday didn't used to bother me very much. Maybe I am turning into a grouchy old lady. Regardless, I HATE Mondays lately, and today is especially drab. It doesn't help that it's overcast either. Even the weather is bummed out! 
BUHH
Anyways, I'm thinkin that maybe a little happy list will help. I guess we will find out eh?

Happy list of the day

1. I am listening to a really great Mae song, the latest in their 1-song-a-month installment called "Bloom". Have I mentioned that I am so excited to see them in a few weeks? No? Well, 
I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM IN A FEW WEEKS.

2. The leaves are INCREDIBLE right now. It's like fall came full-blown over night. Campus smells and looks exceptionally beautiful, and thankfully it makes trekking to class much more enjoyable.

3. I made sweet potato apple curry soup (try saying THAT ten times fast) and a pumpkin roll yesterday. And both were surprisingly delicious. I must say, I am pretty impressed with my cooking skills. Toot toot.
 
 mine was almost this pretty. and maaaan... those shriveled things you are looking at are actually baked sweet potatoes, and they are so good!

4. My dad sent me the sweetest text message yesterday. Something along the lines of I am so cute and he loves me. I am probably the luckiest girl alive.

5. I also got to watch Lion King yesterday. That is, bar none, my very favorite Disney movie. EEEEVVVVEEEERRRR. And I enjoyed squishing on the couch with great company at the same time. Pretty fun Sunday activity to say the least.

6. I bought shrimp from Smiths this weekend, in hopes that I could cook something delicious for lunch this week. However, I was a little wary though for several reasons. First, it's seafood. And unless you are on the coast, you run the risk of it being nast. Second, it was packaged. And from Smiths. That seems like a really bad combination. But much to my surprise, it's actually really good! I think I found a new favorite meal!

7. We had guests at our apartment for approximately 8 straight hours yesterday. And the very enjoyable sort. It was a nice afternoon, and I hope this is a trend that continues.

8. I started reading HP 7 for the 4th time yesterday. Just getting myself all geared up for the movie, hollah! I forget how much I love that book sometimes. And fun fact: whenever I think of peacocks, I think of HP 7. Gold star if you know why, because that means you are almost as much of a Harry fan as I am.
Only almost though.

Well, I was right. 
I do feel much better. 
It's still a drab Monday, but my heart is happier!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

because of the white peacocks in the yard of the malfoy manner at the beginning of chapter one HOLLAHHHH

Related posts

.