10.14.2010

I hope you're happy... I hope you're happy now....

Nice WICKED reference eh? Eh?
Well since it's Thursday, it's necessary to make a happy list like this. because Thursday is theee best day of the week.
let's be real.

1. I love my job. It's so chill AND we have great food here, all the time. Last Friday, pizza. Tuesday, fruit and brownies. Yesterday root beer floats. Today, cinnamon roles. I hope the trend stops soon because hello. I can't eat like this all the time. But it's been pretty great the last few days.

2. I love my darling Spanish friends Chelsie, Ashley and Rachel. It makes the class much more bearable. Yesterday for instance, we were talking about roadtripping together before Chelsie get's married. Today, we were discussing her bridal shower and what great things to incorporate in the planning. I just really love them. If there is one awesome thing about having to attend that class every day, it is the fact that I get to see those fabulous ladies. 
Because they really are so much fun.

3. Yesterday was my roommate's birthday. Fun fact, we have known each other since we were 7. And we were baptized on the same day. Lauren likes to tell this story because she was so mad that I got to be baptized first even though she is 3 weeks older than me. But I'm like chello! It was my birthday that very day! It's so funny to hear her tell it because she still gets so worked up haha. She is also pretty much one of the most amazing people I know. She is only 21 and she is already in the Masters program for accounting. Brilliant? Yes. She is a sunday school teacher, and an amazing one at that. She is absolutely gorgeous, and she has the best laugh ever. I am so excited that she is getting married in December, but a little sad at the same time because I love living with her. 
She is a stud-ette
lauren and fiance. so adorable.

4. I made pot roast for dinner again tonight. I am not that excited to eat it, just to come home to the smell of it cooking. GAH. Favorite. Thing. Ever.

5. My birthday is in 18 days. Which means Halloween is in 17. And the Mae concert is in 22. I am just a LITTLE excited for that week. But only a little. Here is a preview of what I have to look forward to...
Dave Elkins is my HERO

6. I have the greatest playlist of MY LIFE right now. I am a huge fan of playlist titles being one word, hence the name "leaves" for the aforementioned best playlist ever. Because it's fall? And it's all I listen to? Get it? Oh em gee I am sooooo creative and deep and smart sometimes, it kills me. 
JOKE
Anyways, it's a masterpiece in it's own right, and that is what got me going on this slow morning. And it's what kept me going today at work. What's that? You want a taste of it you say? Weeellllll.... 
Ok. I guess I can oblige :)

- Sweet Afton, Nickle Creek
- Sore, Annuals
- Modern Nature, Sondre Lerche
- The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel
- Saved, The Spill Canvas
- Ragged Wood, Fleet Foxes
- Consider the Ravins, Dustin Kensrue
- White Lights, Deas Vail
- Life in Technicolor II, Coldplay
- Rebellion, Arcade Fire
- 23, Jimmy Eat World
- a crapload of John Mayer songs. scuse my french.

There's one hundred and four more songs where that came from folks. Pure bliss? Don't even try to tell me it's not.
In case I haven't gabbed enough about music, I AM SO THANKFUL FOR IT.

7. Josh Groban put out a new single on Tuesday. IN PORTUGUESE. If that's not enough to make my whole week, amazing than I don't know what is.

It's easy to see why my 12 year old self fell in love. 9 years later and we are still goin strong!

8. Last night, I had a dream that I was in my New Testament class, and someone put on some cool Hawaiian slash tribal music. Naturally, we all knew the song. So instead of having class, we all stood around the radio and sang and danced. A tribal dance. For the whole hour. And then, the mystery guy I was dating in my dream told me, "Brooke, you light everything on fire"
That's either really romantic, or kinda weird. I still haven't decided.

So basically I have the greatest New Testament class ever, and I am the real life Katniss, girl on fire.
AWESOME.

Anyways, I think this happy Thursday list will suffice. And I hope it is.
A happy Thursday, I mean :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I cannot even tell you how hard I laughed when you said your dream about your new testament class.
Brooke, you light everything on fire.

P.S. cool picture of joshy.

Related posts

.