12.13.2010

a foggy day. in provo town.

That was a lie. It is 0% foggy, and will be a surprisingly beautiful day today! 51 degrees on December 13?! Chess please! 
(Also on a slightly unrelated but a little related note... It will be 74 degrees when I go home this weekend. ILOVEARIZONA)
Right. Let's get down to business.

1. So finals officially (I say "officially" because I have unofficially been taking finals for the last 2ish weeks. go figure.) started today. I feel like I should be mad about this, because that seems to be the trend with every one else, but wanna know a secret? I kind of like finals week. All you have to do is study and take tests! With no classes, and only a few hours of work each day, things feel pretty chill. I mean yeah, I am still stressing about all my exams, but I don't think finals week is nearly as bad as we all like to make it sound sometimes. Just sayin.

2. I epitomize the typical college student right now. Let me paint this picture. I have been sick for the last month. But does that motivate me to go to bed before midnight? Nope. Do I still go run 3 miles in 30 degree weather, only worsening my awesome cough? Yep. Do I ever clean my room anymore? Nope. Do I stay out far too late on the weekends? Yep. Do I literally only have eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and protein shake to eat for the next week? Yep. Let's just say Christmas break is going to be SO good for me ha.

3. Remember how I said that I don't ever go to bed early any more? Well I also have started this awesome new habit of not taking my mascara off at night (mostly due to the fact that I ran out of makeup remover... and I don't have the time to go get any...). You know how magazines always say this is REALLY bad for your eyes, and can even cause infection? Yeah well, just call me the number one witness of that because it's 100% true. On top of being sleep deprived, my eyes are also shriveling up and falling out of my head because of the constant attack from mascara monster. BOO.
this is how my eyes feel right now. 

4. I have been thinking a lot about next semester. Part of me is really excited. Let's say about 45%. The other 55% is terrified. I am taking econ, hopefully spanish 206, math 110, and 2 I-SYS classes. If I can't get in to the Spanish class I need/want, I will take Biology and Living Prophets. Either way, things are going to be crazy. On the upside, I will be in econ with dearest Kimber, and Spanish with my good friends Dean and Sydney, so at least I will have others to enjoy the pain with me.

5. Once upon a time, I had two great pairs of headphones. And I couldn't find EITHER one of them this morning. I was a little peeved.
Lie. 
I am still peeved.

6. I watched the extended LOTR Fellowship AND Two Towers this weekend. Needless to say, my brain is teeming with all things Middle Earth-ish. I love those movies so much. And great news... Return of the King will take up the entirety of my Wednesday night yay!

7. Friday night we had our ward Christmas party, and my roommates were so dear and asked me to help pretty them up a bit. I LOVE PRETTYING UP. I still think I was destined to go to beauty school. Also, be rich enough to spend all my money on lots of really great makeup. Just sayin.
8. On Saturday morning, my roomie Claire bear and I will begin our epic trek south. I have never been more excited for a road trip in my whole life. I am so lucky to have such a rad, gorgeous, funny, amazing roommate who shares my taste in music and all other cool things. SO lucky. Also I am so lucky that my parents are allowing me to bring all my dirties (aka my dirty laundry. I guess there wasn't really a point to shortening that, seeing as how I decided to verbosely explain myself after the fact of the matter.) home so I don't have to spend $3 doing it here. I am ready to have clean clothes again!

9. So I just looked back and read through this list. And it makes me sound a LOT grosser than I really am. Like I swear my apartment and room aren't a mess all the time. And I really do try to take care of myself and wash my face, and wear clean clothes. SWEAR.

10. The headband that I am wearing is squeezing my brain out my ears, and it hurts. And now I have a huge headache.
And that's all.

No comments:

Related posts

.