12.19.2010

postcards from not-so-far away

I learned how to play that song on the piano today. NBD, I am basically a prodigy.
 
So it's interesting being home.
Mostly because every time I walk through my front door, it feels like I never left. I consider that one of lifes greatest blessings, knowing how constant home will always be. And how comforting it is. My mom has Christmas-decorated to the nines. It is a holiday wonderland! She is so good at those kinds of things. I am glad I have rubbed shoulders with her my whole life, because it means there is hope for my future home aka it will most likely be cute. I hope.
She also remembered my intolerance to lactose-y things, and so kindly bought me rice milk! Even I don't buy MYSELF rice milk! How is she so wonderful?
My brothers also wont stop hugging me. It's 4% annoying in a really precious/bringstearstomyeyes kind of way. Maggie the bulldog thinks it's a good idea to maul me every time she sees me too. That's a hairy 55lb tank that I am, for once, happy to have climbing all over me.
And let's not forget my sweet dad, who has taken it upon himself to remove all the stress-knots from my back. He is so great. Note to self: that should probably be a requirement for the future hubs...
Another great thing about being home is actually having food in the fridge. It still blows my mind! Like I am pretty sure there is about 2lbs of stuffing in there right now. I get excited just thinking about it!
Also, on Tuesday I get to see one of my dear friends who just got home from his mission. It's going to be a fun-filled laughter-loaded spanglishy reunion, I can already tell.
I am so thankful for my friends.
Finally, I have been listening to Coldplay almost nonstop for the last 2 weeks and let me just tell you. They are quickly achieving a Mae-like status in my book. THAT'S HUGE, so congrats Chris Martin. It's too bad you are married. Gwyneth is the luckiest.

So basically Christmas break is already looking bright. It really is a wonderful life!

2 comments:

emily janette said...

oh my gosh brooke. you are too cute.

Claira Gale said...

OHEMMMMGEEE I TOTZ MADE brookeshowalterblogsidepicturestatus! I am honored!

Related posts

.