12.08.2010

today

Today is sentimental. Today is stressful. Today is lovely. Today is overwhelming. Today is, well... flipping GREAT.

This time of year is always bittersweet, for a plethora of reasons. First, the semester is ending. Which mostly makes me terribly excited because I am a little sick of my classes and I am soooo excited to go home. But at the same time, I am slightly depressed because I will miss all my dear friends terribly! The Lord has blessed my life with some amazing people this semester, and it's so sad to say goodbye. Especially to my wonderful Spanish class. As much as I have complained about the ordeal, I have actually really enjoyed it. I think the people made all the difference, and for that I am so thankful! I also really loved my media writing lab. We only met once a week, but I made some fun friends in there... plus my TA was SO tight. I kind of wish we could be best friends actually. And it was such a blessing to have a fun class and TA because we met at 8AM every friday morning GAAAAG.

Finally, as I am reflecting on this wonderful semester, I just have to say this: BYU is probably the most amazing place in the world. Not only have I been enlightened through my classes, but I have continued to learn about myself, others, the gospel, and just life in general. More than I could possibly comprehend upon my return here in August. I am so lucky to be able to attend such a marvelous university, it has changed my life so much!

In other news:
Even though it's Wednesday and I am sooooo late, I just have to say that last weekend was really fun. I watched How to Train Your Dragon again (I AM STILL IN LOVE) and made paper snowflakes with some great company, worked on my advertising project for endless hours, experienced the best Mexican food in Provo (Diegos. GO as soon as possible, and eat the rice like your life depends on it!), went to Divine Comedy, and attended the Christmas devotional in SLC. On a slightly unrelated note but still somewhat referencing what I was just talking about.... *BREATH*..... I have a new life goal.

AUDITION FOR DIVINE COMEDY


I am so serious, I think I would be a great addition. And as conceited as this may make me sound, I really think it's true. Toot toot.

Also, I am going ice skating tomorrow night and I am kind of nervous about it. "Why are you nervous Brooke, oh conqueror of the winter sports?" (sense the sarcasm. The only winter sport I have ever attempted is ice skating. FAIL.) Well, I am nervous because the last time I went did not go so well. Granted, this time I will have a buddy to hold my hand, but STILL. I hate myself when I ice skate. And my knees hate me too.
Finally, since I have yet to talk about music in this post and HOW UNLIKE ME IS THAT?! Anyways... Chris Martin, has been singing to my soul today. Freak, I love Coldplay. The song's "Lovers in Japan" and "Warning Sign" especially. And even though they make me feel a little lonely and nostalgic, they are also strangely comforting. And they make me think of July, which is a beautiful thing if I do say so myself :)

So there you have it. It's a sentimental, stressful, lovely, overwhelming kind of day. But I am alright with that.

oh and p freaking s. endoftheyearblues gotcha down?
WATCH THIS.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

bahaha, ice skating...the memories :)

and when casey and i went to divine comedy we totally said to each other that we could see you in divine comedy!!!!! do it!

Related posts

.