4.12.2011

people of the world, I am in love with you.

Really though. I am.
I was reminded last night just how much I LOVE people. I am so deeply fascinated by them.
By us.
Everyone is so different.
Full of different desires.
Different talents.
Different passions.
Different style...
....friends....
....music taste....
....favorite restaurants....
....senses of humor....
....childhood memories....
....things that make them cry...
....hobbies...

Do you get my drift?
Everyone is so beautifully, strikingly different! And we come together in a wonderful conglomeration called humanity, and it's just a funny, crazy glorious mess sometimes.
And by sometimes, I mean most of the time.
I ADORE IT. 
Honestly, people watching is probably my #4 favorite hobby. Because of all the above.

So last night I went to the Arcade Fire concert with dear friend turned cousin (nobutreally) Brittany. (sidenote: yes, it was INCREDIBLE. and no I did not cry. I save my "ilovelivemusic" tears for special artists only, and Win Butler is just a tad too weird to be deserving of that quite yet. Maybe if I indie-fied myself a little more..................joke. That sounds horribly unappealing. Anyways). My point in bringing up the concert is this:
There was a guy a few rows up from us that was going NUTS. The. Whole. Time. And guess what.

I was 0% irritated. In fact,
I LOVED IT.

Seriously, he could not stop freaking out.
Dancing, singing at the top of his lungs, clapping, whipping his head all over the place. I was just in heaven watching him, it seriously made me so happy.
I wish I could bottle that kind of passion and take some of it for myself.
Imagine if everyone put that kind of love and energy into everything, DAILY.
The world would be an even more incredible, fun, happy, vibrant place than it already is.
So great, right?!
Also how much does he need a new hair-do?
If you say anything less than 100%, come here so I can punch you.

Also, explain the irony of this to me. Classes end tomorrow (HALLE-FREAKING-LUJAH), which means reading days and finals take up the entirety of Thursday-Saturday and then into next week.
So how is it that this time of year, I suddenly have a bajillion non-school-related things going on?
That I can't really get out of?
I mean, I think I will be able to handle it all. But still. I find it incredibly ironic and funny. Thank goodness next friday is as close as it is. A weekend has never looked so inviting. SRSLY.

Finally, the music moment of the day.
How 80's vibe-ish and AWESOME is this song?


And how fab is this dudes voice? Hello favorite song this summer.


Anyways, that's all I have to say. Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

ahh! i'm so glad you had fun :) you deserve a fun break like that from school with your classes this semester

emily janette said...

ohhh my gosh. i've been thinking this a lot lately too. I LOVE PEOPLE.

Related posts

.