4.19.2011

sometimes blog posts are really long. and so are their titles. and i'm okay with that.

You know those days that are filled with the deepest exhaustion?
The prickly-eyed, achy-joint, mental-mush, disregard for everything important exhaustion?

Yep. You guessed it.
FINALS ARE HERE.

It's funny, I specifically remember addressing this issue last semester and saying something along the lines of:
"I kind of like finals week"

WHAA????
Let me introduce you to the idiot also known as myself, circa December 2010.
Maybe before I made such a presumptuous statement I should have taken some difficult classes. 
Like, oh say, econ accounting math and family finance. Just an idea.
Because honestly, life is a little ridick right now. I won't say anything else but this. I pushed my econ exam that I was going to take tomorrow afternoon to Thursday morning so I could study for an additional six hours.

YEAH.
You should see my planner haha.

Regardless, I'm really not that bitter. PROMISE. It's just fun to complain about school sometimes. Mostly because it's almost over (SUMMER, I AM COMING TO YOU! DON'T WORRY!), and everyone else here at this beautiful university is suffering through it with me. I am actually in the HBLL 
(aka the library. come on, BYU noobs....) 
typing this as we speak. Em, read. Or type. Whatevs. My point is, there are about 50 people around me who all look like they want to cry while I give myself a much needed break. Sorry dudes, I wish I could share the love.  
Anyways.

This weekend was cool. Pretty busy, full of many a review session (I'm pretty sure that's what I did on friday night? I don't even remember anymore HA.) and a bridal shower for the two engaged roomies. We took a much needed... and incredibly fun might I add.... trip to Target to pick them out some "fancy clothes", as they have now been dubbed. Haha gets me every time.
Also. Saturday night I went to Chilis with two women who are arguably some of my very favorite people on this earth. Thank heavens for fifth grade bffz (aka hi Nicole!) and freshman year bosom buddies (aka oh hey Kaylie!). Also Chilis chips-n-salsa. Kill me with joy, why don't you?!

Sunday was just nuts, I'm not even going to address it. Yes, I am being serious.

Which brings us to yesterday. Which was also nuts, mostly because I was on campus for 13 hours. But I already promised I wouldn't talk any more about finals so DON'T YOU EVEN WORRY.

So on a lighter note, I have an idea. 
Let's talk summer. 
Or more specifically, 
things to be SO pumped about for the season of sunshine!
1. Bucket list fulfillment with future roommate Jburk. GUYS. We are seriously so good at setting goals. Like going swinging every day. And finding the best park in the Provo/Orem area. Yeah don't even worry about it.
2. The fact that friend Eric is so sweet to let us babysit his precious t.v. and d.v.d collection for four months. Let's just say there will be some freaking EPIC live concert watching sessions in our apartment. On a weekly basis.
3. Walking to and from work every day, all the while being serenaded by Mumford & Sons, Two Door Cinema Club, Owl City, Fleet Foxes, Ray LaMontagne, Death Cab, and Noah and the Whale (p.s. I have decided that when I tie the knot, "5 years time" will be the featured song in our what will of course be precious wedding video. Along with the Eels "Fresh Feeling". Go listen to those and try to tell me they wouldn't be the best wedding video songs EVER.)
4. Late night walks in the beautiful Provo weather. With complete disregard for time because OH WAIT I WON'T BE IN SCHOOL.
5. Cooking. A LOT.
6. Having fun (and mostly crafty) activities with the 40 darling girls in my ward.
7. Movies in the park ah!
8. *no offense family* but not having to worry about spending time at home when I am not at work. Like, I could come home at 5 in the afternoon and go on a 20 mile bike ride and feel ZERO GUILT. So awesome right?!
9. July. "Brooke, how can you be excited for a whole month? That's just DUMB"
False.
YOU are dumb.
Let me tell you about July.
First, giant water balloon fight with all the other crazy BYU students.
Second, Owl City concert. Got my tix in the mail last week YEEEE.
Third, Harry Potter 7 part 2. I can't talk about it any more than that or I might start crying.
Fourth, the 4th. Of July. Get it?! No but really, it's been my dream to be in Provo for the 4th since I came here 3 years ago. I AM PUMPED.
Fifth, Mckay comes for EFY, mom and Ty come along for the ride. Aka party all week.
Sixth, my bff gets home from his mish.
Guys, that's like 1 1/3 things to be excited about per week for the whole month. Yes, July is going to be the best thing ever.
10. Tan-ish-ness. I'm not going to go crazy, but boy do I miss having sunkissed skin! There is something to be said for that glow. It makes everyone look 100% healthier, swear.
11. Reading. Like 98% of my days. I already have my book list, don't even worry.
12. Being extra good about budgeting. Go ahead. Call me a nerd for being pumped about spending my summer budgeting. I don't even cuuurrr.
13. Flowers.
14. Leaves.
15. Summer storms.
16. Clouds.

Anyways. You get the gist. 
Basically it's gonna be awesome.
And now that I have myself fully psyched on life, I should probably go for a run and get out all my finals-induced anger.
Bai.

oh and p.s. I've been having this INTENSE obsession with two Arcade Fire songs since last week's concert escapade. First, "Suburban War".
OH EM GEE, I am in love with that song. 
Second, "Rococo". 
OH EM GEE, I don't really love that song. It actually kind of creeps me out a little. 
It gives me that feeling you have when you tell a white lie. 
Or feel someone watching you. 
Or walk out the door and forget something. 
Or drive by a car accident, and you don't really want to look but you look anyway. 
That slight uneasiness in the pit of your stomach. 
So why do I keep listening to it? 
Because it's FASCINATING. And it keeps getting stuck in my head and making surprise appearances in my dreams (TRUE STORY. Exhibit A last night. It was looping for my entire dream, I thought I was going to kill myself when I woke up). Anyways, don't even worry about my weird obsession with something that makes me feel uncomfortable. It's probably SUPER normal........
 

3 comments:

Kimber said...

i loved this post. i'm so glad this semester is almost over for you, seriously so glad. and your summer list sounds like the most beautiful wonderful awesome summer ever. i freaking want your summer woman!

emily janette said...

oh my. PROVO ON THE FOURTH OF JULY IS INCREDIBLE.

Aleesha Burke said...

Hey let me know when you have some time! We will have to get together. Also heads up, I think my mother-in-law will be doing a baby shower May 21. You are invited. I will have invites sent out, don't worry. Oh and I will need your address then too. May be if you could text it to me! Hope finals all went well! Love you

Related posts

.