5.31.2011

l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n.

I feel like I wake up with a song stuck in my head on a daily basis.
It usually goes something like this.
About a half hour before I actually wake up, the song starts appearing randomly in my dreams. The chorus will play a few lines, then maybe the bridge, sometimes even a verse or two.
Then before I know it, I am waking up with the lyrics and melody blasting through every corner of my sleepy brain.
It's a very confusing and disorienting thing to have happen right as you are dragging yourself out of your previously sleepy state. 
Yesterday, the song was T-Swift's "Haunted". 
This morning was Rihannas "Only Girl" (I don't even like that song!).
There was a time during fall semester when it was a different Journey song for like, a week straight. The best day was when "Separate Ways" was the song, natch. 
I mean, if I'm going to wake up with something stuck in my head, I really wish it would be something cool aka made me want to get out of bed. At least more than Rihanna.
(Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl", a la The Holiday anyone?? Good thing I just watched that movie yesterday so I could get some inspiration!)

So basically music is taking over my life, more than usual this week.


SHOCKER.

No but srsly, I went to the Bruno Mars concert last night,
(SO.MUCH.FUN.)
John Schmidt tonight,
and Noah and the Whale on Thursday.
My heart is already bursting from happiness.
Bliss-induced seizure, I am coming for you.

p.s. How good am I at overhaulin' el blog these days?! 
This is the 5th time in like, a week.
Go ahead. 
Round of applause for the girl with o.b.d. 
(obsessive blog disorder hello)

2 comments:

Kimber said...

casey and i seriously laughed out loud when i read to him that you're going to three concerts this week! ha, only you!

scapegoat130 said...

I've been waking up with songs in my head for the past week and half! HAHAHA AWESOMENESS!

Related posts

.