6.15.2011

dearest dad of mine....

Today is a day to celebrate one of the best people I know, 
my sweet dad Aaron Oaks Showalter.

I know everyone thinks their dad gets the "bestfathereverOMG" award, but seriously. 
I hate to break it to the rest of the population, but that just isn't true. 
My dad took that award out of the running a LONG time ago. 
Here are 10 reasons why I love him, and why he deserves to have the best birthday EVER

1. He is the most patient man I know. I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard him raise his voice. (Just for the record... it's really funny when he does)
2. He is SUCH a hard worker. I have had the privilege of working around my dad a lot, and he gives 110% at both work and home. 
3. He is an optimist. It doesn't matter how difficult of a day he had at work, he is always happy and cheerful at home. 
4. He is a good advice-giver. Many a time I have called him in tears and he has given me precious words of direction. 
5. He is so musically talented, it's a little disgusting. Voice like Josh Groban? Check. Guitar? Check. Piano? Check. Every other instrument? Probably check.....
6. He is so goofy. And he has the best dance moves in our family, hands down. 
7. He is unselfish. Actually, he is probably the most giving person I have ever met. EVER
8. He is money smart. I guess that comes with the whole "I'm an accountant" territory. But really, his budgeting advice has saved me countless times.
9. He loves my mom with all his heart, and more. The future hubs has a lot to live up to because I have been watching my dad for 21ish years. SRSLY.
10. Finally, he has a very powerful and strong relationship with the Lord, and it's apparent in all his actions.

So if I haven't made it obvious enough,
Happy birthday Padre. 
You are #1 in my book!

No comments:

Related posts

.