6.12.2011

sometimes being home is weird

That sounds terrible.
Let me explain myself.

Basically I live a cool double-life, much like the majority of college students. 
I have my own little life up in Provo, where I am 100% involved, head and heart.
A life with tons of memories, feelings, experiences, and people attached to my blissed-out college world that make it really hard to disconnect.
 
Then there's this place called Mesa, where my head and my heart also reside. 
My dear family lives here, and I have tons of memories, feelings, experiences and people attached to this little desert town as well. 
 
It makes for a weird experience when I try to disconnect from one and reconnect to the other. 
Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in this confusing limbo state where I don't really belong to either place. 
Give it a few more days and I'm sure it will be good in the hood again. 
But for now, I can't help but feel a little like a stranger in my own house.
Sigh.
 
In other events....
Yesterday and today were great.
Brothers and I spent some time in the yard, went to the pool, visited In-N-Out and watched endless hours of the Office. Natch. 
Then today I got to see my dear best friend Nicole for the first time since she and fiance Stewart got engaged (!!!!) They are still presh as ever. Brothers and I then spent the afternoon watching National Geographic, grilling steaks and corn on the cob, and napping. 
A typical lazy Sunday that was really good for my soul. 
M&D are having fun in Hawaii, but it's a little depressing to be here without them. 
I am probably already ready for them to come back. 
 Shhhh, don't tell.  
 
Anyways, I'm tired.
Aka,
peace 

No comments:

Related posts

.