6.10.2011

"people are as happy as they make their minds up to be"

Which is why today, I am bursting with gladness. 
Today my boss wore a plaid shirt and vans to work. 
P.S. he is in his 50s. 
Can I just say again how much I love my job?

Also, my obsession with Sonic's happy hour has got to stop. I may or may not have gone every day this week. One of my friends saw me after work on Wednesday with a drink in my hand and goes 
"Do you ALWAYS go to Sonic?"

Why yes. Yes I do.
Step one, be able to admit you have a problem. harhar

Also considering the circumstances (aka I am going home for 2 weeks and my roommate Sam will no longer be living with Jenny and I as of the 15th...) I feel like this is neccessary today.

How do I always have the best people placed in my life? Honestly I feel bad for the rest of the human race, because I seem to get the best deal as far as friends go. 
Don't argue, it's the truth. 
Let me tell you about these 4 women. They have made the last 6 weeks some of the funnest and laughter-filled in recent memory.
WARNING: mushville ahead.

I will start with my roommate Samantha Coffey
 oh hi, i'm a babe

I have known her since she was a wee child (aka middle school status). She and I were in the same ward in Georgia, and I always felt more like she was my little sister than anything. 
So when we reconnected in the fall prior to her first semester here at BYU, I couldn't have been happier. Then, we decided to room together for spring term. 
Queue crazylovelaughterexplosion of happiness.
Sam is such a smart, hilarious, wonderful friend. She is currently taking the prereqs for the nursing program at BYU and is just slaying her classes. 
She has all of us rolling on the ground laughing 99% of the time. 
She has a heart of gold, just brimming with sweetness.
And let's not forget that she is a bombshell with EXCELLENT style. 
I have had more fun living with her these past 2 months than I could have ever imagined.

Next comes my other roommate Jenny Burkinshaw. The lucky one in the middle.
 
I don't even know where to begin with this girl.
We became super good friends in the winter when we started watching the Bachelor together. 
She is smart.
She is beautiful.
She is hilarious.
She is resilient.
She is my gym/park/walk around provo/sonic buddy
And she is one of the most amazing friends I have ever had.
Honestly this girl would lay down her life for you, and that's not an exaggeration. I am amazed on a daily basis how much patience she has with people, especially myself, and how much compassion she is capable of. And the most amazing thing is how quietly she does it. It's never for recognition. She just wants to make sure she is there for you, 100% of the time. And she succeeds.
Such a star.

Next is our honorary roommate Abby Delawder. 
 
Oh this girl knows how to make me laugh.
And how to be a great friend. 
And just all around amazing.
Life has handed her some doozies lately, but she goes through every day not only with a smile on her face, but with a lot of laughter and willingness to make others happy. And she does a great job of it.
She's also one of the most athletically motivate people I know. So way to go sixpacabbs, you rock my world. (Also, maybe that should be your gym nickname????)
I have known Abby since my freshman year here, and I feel like our friendship has just grown exponentially over the last 2 months. Here's to the rest of summer, one that will be full of softball games, running/biking/swimming, and a whole lotta laughter.

Finally, another freshman year gem Kaylie King.
Kaylie is arguably one of the sweetest, most talented, smartest, hilarious, beautiful people I know. 
She is a music major, with an out-of-this-world beautiful voice.
She runs half marathons.
She loves her friends with all her heart.
She is a heartbreaker (In the best possible way)
She puts up with my incessant teasing.
She is a major goofball.
And is so sweet and kind. 
3 years, hours of conversation, and many a frozen yogurt date later, I love this girl probably more than she knows.

So there you have it. 
A glimpse at the beautiful people I am lucky to call my dearest friends. 
Just some of the many reasons why I am more blessed than I deserve.

No comments:

Related posts

.