7.19.2011

those awkward things you try to forget

Everyone has them.
Some more than others 
*cough me cough*
One in particular has been haunting my brain this morning.
Rewind, to sophomore year of high school. 
*insert flashback noise from LOST*

I don't know why, but I had this thing for UBER comfy clothes. 
Don't get me wrong, I loved cute clothes. 
(cute-ish . I don't think Old Navy polos could neccessarily be defined as "cute" these days.). 
I just loved comfy clothes a little bit more. 
Which is why I developed this weird habit of wearing the same outfit EVERY Friday. 
You heard me. 
Every. Friday. 
Queue description of stretchy black yoga pants and an "I heart NY" t-shirt. 

Tacky-ville much?
Things got out of hand one day when my friend Crystal noticed and commented on said outfit. 
It didn't bother me until the following Friday when she showed up wearing the exact same thing
Her response to my horrified look:
"I wanted to see if you really do it every Friday like I noticed. 
And you do!
And now we are twins!"

Needless to say, as much as I loved the girl, I stopped doing it after that.
Another super embarassing thing I did in high school involved eating lunch.... 
.....by myself.....
.....in the bathroom.....
.....for the whole first week of school sophomore year.
Rough year all around, right?

What do you expect?
I was the new kid for goodness sakes!!

No comments:

Related posts

.