8.19.2011

happy heart

Today I am grateful for lots of things.
But especially these things:

Nature
Taken on yesterdays bike ride up the canyon. So beautiful!

Good smells
My apartment wins this contest. 
So does my perfume. 
Isn't it interesting how much smells can affect our moods? 
I was so happy when I walking into our apple-cinnamon infused living room this morning. 
And drove my coconut car to work this morning. 
But then when I smelled someone's fishy pasta at work, I got all grossed out and irritated. 
Ah life is so hard.

Sleep
It's funny how you learn to appreciate things more when you lose them.
Or part of them...
Aka I got like 5 hours of rest last night. Typical Thursday.

Family
My mom especially. 
I am convinced that no one else in my life wants me to be happier than she does. 
Or gets as excited about my personal life as she does.
Or makes me laugh as hard as she does. 
Or works as hard as she does. 
Basically I will be lucky to KIND OF follow in her footsteps one day. She is the bomb.

Religion
And basically everything that comes with it. 
Words can't even begin to express how full my heart is in this regard.
So I'm not going to try :)


Isn't it interesting how sometimes the things we are most thankful for are also the most cliche and every-day?
I think those are also the things we often take for granted. 
Imagine what life would be like if we could learn to appreciate the mundane a little bit more....

1 comment:

emily janette said...

i kind of just love this. i agree. love you!

Related posts

.