5.22.2012

a few things

-First things first. This is my new favorite picture, courtesy of our wedding day.

Just wait, there's more where that came from!

- I've had a wart on my right hand for almost a solid year now.
Just a note: at-home freeze treatments DO NOT work.
But if your goal is to cause yourself a fair amount of pain for no reason, then go for it!!!!

- I'M. STILL. JOBLESS. 
Which is why I've been on monster.com and making phone calls out the wazoo all morning
(until now, obviously....)
Guess what job I just applied for.
"International Cheese Associate"
Yeah, I know. Desperate times folks. Desperate times.

- I am currently reading the most wonderful book, "Daughters in My Kingdom"
If you're looking for a lot of inspiration, and some guidance on how to better this world, then I highly recommend it.

- This week, Christian and I have consumed an entire bottle of Cholula hot sauce, all by ourselves. Sick.

- I have a confession.
I took the plunge last month before the wedding extravaganza and got.....
EYELASH EXTENSIONS.
I know I know...
Word of advice if you are ever thinking of doing this.
Make sure you have somewhere you can go to get them removed.
Otherwise, you will be left with only half a them a month later, and in a moment of
"OH MY GOSH IVE HAD IT WITH THESE FREAKING THINGS"
you will rip them off in the middle of the night.
Along with half of your regular eyelashes.
And it will hurt a lot, and you will look really weird.
And maybe you will cry a little before falling asleep, both from happiness and also because you just ripped out half of your eyelashes.
And that's all I have to say about that.

- Yesterday, I went to go get the oil changed and our tires rotated.
While I was waiting, I noticed some candy machines.
You know, the 25 cent kind?
Yeah, well I was bored.... so I bought some Mike-N-Ikes.
And let me tell you, nothing will make you feel like an idiot quicker than being a 22 year old married woman, buying cheap candy while a bunch of other adults sit around and pretend not to notice.
And then I only got 4 pieces, which ticked me off and made me feel even more stupid.
Thus, I have resolved never to do that again.
 Just...no.

And now I've got to dive back into listening to the Little Women soundtrack Pandora station and job hunting, so that when Christian gets home this afternoon, I'm not such a bump-on-a-log.
It's the life, let me tell ya.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Brooke, you are darling. I love reading your posts! That wedding picture is amazing--Christian really got air! Love it. Good luck with the job hunt, I know it's a big pain. If nothing works out you can always be my nanny! Though the imaginary paycheck part probably won't work for ya. :)

Kimber said...

what!? you ripped them out?! you are crazy girl, they were still looking great, or at least trim them a little, you're so silly. can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!

Related posts

.