6.21.2012

tales from my childhood: knee problems

I ran cross country when I was in high school. 
And by "ran", I mean jogged most of the time, but then ran the last 5 minutes of each race. 
But who's keeping tabs right?

Anyways. I've had knee problems since about 6th grade, due to my exceptionally flat feet. 
(This girl wouldn't have ever been successfully drafted in the army, HA!)
So at the beginning of my cross country season, my doctor gave me orthopedics for my shoes, as well as knee braces. Yep. One for each knee.
This was also about the time i considered changing my name from Brooke to Gertrude. 
Old lady to the max. 
Also, these weren't just any knee braces. 
They were bright cobalt blue
With velcro
Classy as they come guys.
 And I decided that I needed to wear both of them to my first day of practice. After about 15 questions and lots of stares, I decided that I would never EVER do that again.

Poor Christian also has very flat feet, aka our children are doomed. 
Sorry in advanced, chilluns.

3 comments:

Julie Button said...

I'm sorry, our children are bound to have bad knees. And I use to live running, but bow it just hurts my knees. Boo to bad knees that limit activities.

Nicole said...

oh your poor flat feet. you shouldn't have worn those cool flip flops from that jungle cafe in 6th grade :)

DCAja said...

awesome post!
br,
kredit

Related posts

.