6.22.2012

(important and nonsensical) things I learned this week

- lunch boxes like REAAAALLLY gross me out. 
The smell especially. 
Old peanut butter, sticky capri suns, dry carrots....
Hang on a sec while I suppress my gag reflex....
And you know what's worse? Lunch boxes that belong to 5 year olds. Because they are never, EVER all the way clean. Anyways, moving on.... Before I lose it.....

- I LOVE THE EVERGLADES. 
Except for the mosquitoes.
This is what happened when I asked Christian to pose for a picture.
Yeah dudes. They were swarming.

- I really, really, really don't like it when little kids breath on me and climb on me while I'm trying to eat lunch. 
Like "Oh hi child, you definitely had pretzels with your lunch because now your breath smells like feet. Also did you seriously just wipe your Dorito lips on my pants?"
Is a small break during an exhausting 8 hour work day too much to ask??

- I didn't just learn this this week, it's more like a constant thing, but yeah.... 
Marriage is teaching me more about myself than anything else I've EVER experienced. 
Especially about my weaknesses. 
BOY am I painfully aware of my weaknesses.
Anyone else feel like they experience this a bit too often  (for my own liking at least) in marriage?

-  I also learned, or was reminded rather (seems I have to learn this lesson a lot), 
not to judge others. EVER. First, seek to be understanding and get to know them.
I solidified a really fun friendship at work this week because of this principle!

- I also learner that just when you feel like life is slipping into a depressing am uncontrollable landslide, things ALWAYS get better. 
Proverbial example (stress on the word proverbial):
 sometimes a wife will be sobbing in bed after a day of being sick, exhausted, and stressed
 and a husband will find out he landed his dream internship in Washington DC for the fall.
 Also he will give wife hugs and let her soak his shirt with tears. 
Peace and BLESSINGS yall.

- I also learned not to wear jeans outside all day. People question your sanity.
Also, YOU question your own sanity.
 Also also.... maybe I should unpack the rest of my clothes so this isn't a dilemma....

- you know you have a loving and funny family when you come home , FUMING about an unexpected and painful charge on your bank account, and 10 minutes later you are doing this. 
I'm so thankful they (especially Christian) can snap me out of things so effectively!

- I'm like SO excited for my family to get here in a few weeks. 
Like.... SO.

- this is probably mean buuuut.... There are a few blogs in the blogosphere that I just completely loath. Horrible writing, silly topics, grammar mistakes, waaay too many giveaways, etc etc. 
(like I should be talking, write?! Haha I'm so ironic....). 
Anyways, as much as I hate these certain blogs, I can't stop reading them.
 I get a sick joy out of it. 
Maybe it's to make myself feel better about my life? 
I don't know. 
Probably you can judge me for this.

- Finally, I learned that sometimes, writing notes is the BEST way to cheer someone up. 
Christian and I started this little.... "game" if you will.... before we got married where we write love notes back and forth to one another in a little journal, and then we hide it.
This is the one I discovered this morning.
It's the best thing ever.
I want to get better at doing this for other people. Thanks for reminding me of this, sweet husband.

Aaaaaaaand....
The end.

*disclaimer: you might think that because of my numerous complaints concerning children and my job that I hate the aforementioned. This is false. I just have a very sensitive stomach.*

1 comment:

DCAja said...

nice story!
br,
motor

Related posts

.