6.30.2012

same old same old...ish

- Lots of work, which included:
About 6 games of dodgeball, breaking up angsty teenage fights, pulling the little ones off my ankles, and lots of yelling instructions..... specifically of the "stoooop taaaaalking"  and "siiiiiit doooowwwn" kind.
 Oh summer camp. 
(For Christian, it included early mornings and lots of running around the back rooms of Target.)

- A normal, blissed out summer night.
Filled with burgers, warm weather, swimming, and a dip in the hot tub.
(maaaayyyybe that's where I spent the majority of the time... I can't seem shake my warm blooded tendencies. Arizona forever!!!!)

- Playing the LOST quote game with my brothers as they drive across the country. 
The rules:
They text me a LOST quote and I'm supposed to guess which character said it.
I'm inclined to answer Sawyer and Hurley for every quote, but I'm quickly learning that is the fastest way to losing, so I'm trying to branch out.
Also, I'm so happy my family is still as obssessed with that show as I am

- Running.
Christian and I are currently training for the International Peace half marathon in D.C. in September.
As fast and tough as he is, I'm BEYOND thankful he is my running buddy. He pushes me through all my cramping, head-achy, sweaty glory.
Also, I ran on the beach for the first time ever this week and WOW.
As much as it STANK for my poor flat feet and blistered toes, it was amazing.
Such a serene, beautiful place.
Also I'm getting these shoes this week.
LOVE. MY. ASICS.

Half the reason why I love running so much, let's be honest.

- Watched my adorable sister in law Maddie perform as Jane in the musical Mary Poppins.
Let me tell you, that girl was BORN for the stage. 
Watch out world, Madison Carter will be a household name one day, I tell you!

- Relished in Christian's continued growing appreciation... and dare I say LOVE.... for country music.
Mayyyybe we have listened to Kenny Chesney on repeat all week. And maaayyybe I loved every second of watching him sing along. 
Priceless

And in the forecast for next week, we're seeing:
- Lots of fireworks on Wednesday. Slight chance of a picnic, more country music, and an outing with family and friends predicted as well.
AMURICA.

- A high chance of seeing my wonderful family from Fri-Sun in their new home of Coral Springs, FL.
Weird weird weird..... but my selfish side also thinks it's so awesome that they will be so close!

- And finally, 100% chance of spending more time with crazy kiddos, wonderful coworkers, a dear familyu-in-law and my cute hubby.
It isn't a perfect life.
It isn't an easy life.
But gosh darn it, it's a good life.

1 comment:

DCAja said...

GBU :)
br,
usaha

Related posts

.