6.13.2012

two peas in a pod

I've heard relationships described in several different ways, specifically in relation to food.
Examples are as follows:

"Sweet and Sour"- in which a couple's qualities are complimentary to one another. a la sweet and sour chicken at Panda Express!
"Salt and Pepper" - in which, well, opposites attract. Or opposite.... colors attract??
"Two Peas in a Pod" - in which you two are basically the same person. Like, weirdly so.
Like, thinktheexactsamethingatthesametime weirdly so.

A few weeks ago, Kimber and I had the following conversation:

K: "You know Brooke, I don't think I ever realized how much Christian is your other half. I mean, the more time I spend around him, the more I see that you two are like EXACTLY alike. You do the weird voices and accents, you're both loud people, you're both like REALLY attractive etc. etc."
(okay maybe she didn't say the last part. but if we're being honest here, she probably SHOULD have....)
B: *smile and nod*

It made me insufferably happy because it's absolutely true. 
We like the exact same things. 
Enjoy the same music.
Have the same favorite movies.
Like the same weird food. 
We have the same sense of humor.
Use the same stupid voices. 
Have the same temperaments.
Grew up in the same situations.
Enjoy the same activities.
Have the same goals.
We even have the same "fashion sense" if you will.

Yes, Christian and I are very much two peas in a pod. 
So many days, I literally feel a connection with him down to my very core, to the inner workings of my soul.
Like our whole lives were spent preparing us to be the PERFECT match for one another.
To be two peas in a pod!
It's pretty awesome.
I'm sure it's great to be a sweet and sour couple, or salt and pepper lovers.
But me? I'm grateful to be married to my carbon copy, in male form. 
That I get to share my pod.....
my sometimes untidy, obnoxious, girly pod....  
with this guy forever!


No comments:

Related posts

.