8.27.2012

just another manic monday

We made it to Washington DC!
Here's what's gone on so far:

- Friday night after navigating HORRIFIC Georgetown rush hour traffic,
(never.again.)
we unpacked. And also even though our apartment is only about this big, we are in LOVE with it.

- Saturday, we settled in some more, and then ventured to the national mall to visit the Museum of Natural History. I died. It was just as awesome as I remembered. 
Also the walrus they have there is LITERALLY the size of like 8 adults. IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!
Then we braved the incessant rain and trekked over to the Museum of the Native American, where we enjoyed a DELICIOUS meal. 
If you are ever in DC, you must try the food there. It's a little off the beaten path, but it's tasty. 
(aka get something with buffalo in it.)

- Then we came home and watched Dances with Wolves because DUH going to the Native American museum gave us a total hankering. 

- THEN
(Saturday was really busy, obviously)
We went to a karaoke bar and got sushi with a huge group of Washington Seminar students. 
It was super fun and super yum.

- Sunday we took a bus through Georgetown to get to church, and baaaaaasically I'm super in love with this place already. I mean look at it!

- And THEN!
Today I started work as a nanny, and wow my commute this morning was unreal.
1 sweaty and metroridefilled hour later, I made it safely. 
(Mace in hand, might I add. 
Nothing says "come at me bro" like a white girl walking down the streets of DC with mace.)
Christian also got to spend the day prepping for his internship, which starts TOMORROW! 
Yay!!

So far, we are loving the busy city life. 
It's a little stressful getting settled into a regular schedule, just because so much of it consists of navigating around this crazy place. But it's so neat!
I mean, this morning I walked right past the White House. So.... YEAH
Neat actually doesn't even cover it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Make sure you follow Sprinkles Cupcakes on Twitter so you can get the code for free cupcakes every day. It's the best and worst thing about living right in Georgetown.

Kimber said...

YAY! sounds like so much fun! go to ray's hell burger soon, it's awesomeico.

Unknown said...

you make me laugh out loud no mater how many miles are between us, also,
more pix BRO! love you

Related posts

.