8.29.2012

two days and a sometimes list

- Sometimes for work, I have to take public transit.
Which is stressful enough on its own.
BUT THEN.
Throw in a screaming toddler, 
a REALLY dramatic and grouchy businessman, 
and a very racist homeless person 
(Who, might I add, exited the bus by saying "BYE WHITE TRASH!" to me and two other women. It sounds awful, but it was actually quite funny)
and you have the most exciting bus ride of your life.
Me and the little (who was NOT screaming anymore thankfully) at the Botanic Gardens today.
Aren't you just dying over her precious Mary Janes?? 

- Sometimes you go to Sprinkles anticipating the purchase of 1 cupcake, and you come away with 5.
But you only actually paid for 2!
Now, I'm no math major, but that seems like a pretty tricky and AWESOME story problem to me!

- Sometimes you get to commute with your husband both to AND from work!
What are the odds that out of the whole city, I am working just up the street from his office?? I mean really.
And even though the hour long commute turns our days into 10 hour long shenanigans, it's really fun.

- Sometimes D.C. has the CA-UUUTTTEEESSST houses ever and you have to snag creepy photographs while no one is looking. 
Seriously though. I die on my walks around the city.

Also, this is me.

I'm going to let you guess why I was laying on the floor. 
But I will tell you.... It's NOT because I was feeling dramatically deprived of attention from my husband, and thus threw myself onto the ground.
Not at all. 

So obviously, things are pretty lively here in the good ol' District. 
Stay tuned for more unbearably exciting news!

No comments:

Related posts

.