9.26.2012

tales from my childhood: the grudge

The summer before I turned 15, my family  moved to Florida. 

It was a hard move, but it ended up being one of the BEST and most influential events in my life. 
I made some wonderful friends, who I still adore, which is a good thing because guess what?
This summer, my family moved back to that EXACT SAME PLACE.

Of all the weird, right?

Anyways, a few weeks ago, a funny discussion on facebook reminded me of one of the most, ehm, INTERESTING, experiences I had while living there.

After our church Halloween party one night, it was suggested that we go see the movie "The Grudge" with a group of the young women.
And boy was I gung ho!


(this is as big as I will post this picture... any larger and I will probably have nightmares....)

You see, I used the THINK I like scary movies.... until this night, when I was proved embarrassingly wrong.

But I think we should backtrack for a minute, because
HOW COULD I EVER THINK I LIKED SCARY MOVIES?!
Here I was, a 14 year old girl who had spent most of her life doing things like watching animal shows, practicing the piano, and being obsessed with Josh Groban.
I mean for crying out loud, I didn't even know what "Baby got back" meant until like my junior year in high school! And I thought I liked scary movies?!
Oh Brooke.
Dear, sweet Brooke.

I don't need to go into the gory details of the movie, but let's just say by the ending credits,
I was literally bawling because I was so terrified.
And seeing as how all other memories escape me, I had probably peed my pants too and was just unaware.
It was SO. BAD.

And now I'm just looking back and dying over that experience, because we did it as a church group!
And not just a church group, but a bunch of girls!
With our mothers!
Ah, definitely one of my better moments in life, for sure.

3 comments:

Raquel said...

AHAHAHAHA! Too funny! And then after the activity we had to go back to church by ourselves to turn off all of the lights and we sang "I Am a Child of God" because we were so scared.

Also, we made a really terrible quality home video for the talent show in which I re-enacted this awful movie. I need to get my hands on that.

Love you Brooke.

Nicole said...

hahaha this is too funny. you forgot yo include playing with mary-kate and ashley dolls in your list of hobbies.

remember how we watched this movie freshman year in the basement of the boys dorm and then we got started on the "crasian, crazy asian" thing? i don't remember anything about this movie because we were laughing at ourselves too much.

Unknown said...

hahaha good times!!!!! love you brookie!!!

Related posts

.