9.02.2012

saturday is a special day

Come to think of it, so is Friday.
Basically the whole weekend.
Especially.... 3 day weekends!!!!!
Eeep for Labor Day!

So let me tell you about yesterday.
It started S-L-O-W. Here's the thing. I'm the queen.... 
no more like Empress.... 
of getting out of bed slowly, most especially on days without an agenda. 
I mean what's the point of waking up early right?

Anyways, when noon rolled around and we were finally ready to go, we heading over to Eastern Market for the weekly farmer's market. And let me just tell you a few things:

1. I never understood people's love for farmer's markets until yesterday.
Basically I was freaking out over all the cool stuff.
(Okay mostly just the fruit samples and the jewlery. But still. Next weekend we are going armed with a lot more money, let me tell you! Also we bought these white nectarines that are TODIEFOR)

2. Also. There was a rainstorm building all day long, PLUS it was pushing 95 degrees. 
So you can imagine the unbelievably heat and humidity.
I'm pretty sure I was sweating more than I was breathing.

So after exploring, Christian and I headed North in search of the apparently famous "Fast Gourmet" restaurant, where the sell Chivitos... a Uruguayan sandwich that he fell in love with on his mission.
a man with his prize.
Second to me of course.

AND LET ME TELL YOU. 
That sandwich was so divine, I would be willing to trek back through that sketchy part of town any day.
And actually it wasn't even THAT sketchy, so win win!

Afterwards we went to Target, which is always an interesting experience here.
But fun nonetheless!

And just a rewind to what we did on Friday night:
Trip to the Shake Shack with friends Sara and Keaton, and then a little free concert at the Kennedy Center, which we saw approximately 1/30th of before it ended. 
Who performs for only 45 minutes? 
That's what I want to know.
The rest of our evening ended up being pretty boring, mostly because I was exhausted and had lost my
"going out vigor", if you will. What can you do?

And now, hopefully the weather will comply tomorrow so we can have an awesome Labor Day!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday (and day off work!!) as well!

No comments:

Related posts

.