8.30.2012

some awkwards and awesomes

AWKWARD:
- When I tripped and almost biffed it on an escalator yesterday. AND came away with an incredibly damaged toe. Seriously though, I'm probably going to have kiss (figuratively of course) my big nail goodbye, because it's almost sure that it will fall off now. BOO.

- Mosquito bites on your feet.
One of the world's greatest injustices.
Yeah, I'm having serious issues with these bad boys right now.
This picture is pretty awkward too right?

- When husband wakes up and says "Thanks for that kiss in the middle of the night last night!"
And I'm all "Uhhhhhhhh...... what?"
And he's all "Yeah! I woke up at like 2am and you kissed me!"
I definitely don't remember that. I guess I should try not to be weirded out, but take comfort in the fact that even my sleepy subconscious self is madly in love with Christian.

- When you just sit at the kitchen doing nothing table for all but an hour of your nannying job. 
Because both parents are home.
I mean, I GUESS it's okay if you wanna pay me 13 an hour to sit and do nothing!

- Being reminded why I NEVER wear backpacks.
It's like "Oh hey I'm Brooke! Don't mind my sweat soaked shirt even though it's only 77 degrees outside!"

AWESOME:
- A wonderful institute class. 
I totally thought it would be weird going to institute as a *gasp* MARRIED PERSON.
But last night proved me wrong. And now I'm way excited for the rest of the semester.
Now excuse me while I go eat a heaping helping of my words!

- Seeing Christian wear studly business attire every day now that his internship has started.
I think I'm maybe going to love that whole "working man" aspect of married life.
Maybe

- Making new friends.
I will admit, I came to DC slightly pessimistic and feeling like no one would care that I'm here because I'm the "intern-less spouse".
I've been pleasantly surprised however. Everyone has been so kind and friendly to me!
It's a good thing I have my incredible humor and great looks to carry me through these hard times!
*Wink*

- And the final "awesome" is simply that we are in this neato city.
Still can't believe it. 
And with that, 
THE END

1 comment:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Love it all! I guess not the toes part, I am sorry no fun!

Related posts

.