11.18.2012

strangest weekend ever

It's been like a 3 day weekend from weirdy-ville over here.

Friday we took a tour of the Capitol building with some friends
(Which I definitely thought was going to be the most boring thing ever, but it was awesome!)

 Those are what I fondly call my Asian eyes.
Also LOOKHOWLONGMYHAIRISGETTING!


ate dinner at We The Pizza, which has become one of our favorite places here in DC,
(but definitely NOT because I come away from there smelling hard core like smoke.
I sort of dislike that.)
and then celebrated all the Barlow Birthdays in November with a dance party, brownies and ice cream.

It was then that I was reminded why I only like having dance parties in our apartment with Christian.
My inner Michael Jackson feels much more comfortable letting loose, you know?

Then on Saturday we slept in, like, all the morning long.
Went to Trader Joes and bought THESE,
so good, you could seriously die.

And then babysat Christian's cousins in the evening.
A great reminder that I am SO not ready for my own babies, thankyouverymuch!


Then today, tragedy struck.
*STORY TIME*
In a frantic attempt to make it stake conference on time
(Which we weren't even that late for, mind you!) 
we ended up waiting for a combined 30 minutes at 2 Metro stations,
on top of another 40 minute wait at our last Metro station for a "ride" that never showed up.
So then we decided to just forget it and just come back home.
3 hours and 14 bucks later, our pointless journey came to a close.

Then we played Ticket to Ride for like 3 straight hours, all while laying in bed.
Which was seriously so much fun.

Basically not one of our most normal weekends, but a fun one nonetheless.

No comments:

Related posts

.