2.07.2013

a new brooke for a new year

I've been all kicks and giggles through the last few posts.
(nothing wrong with that right?!)
But I wanted to share something today that I've been thinking a lot about for the last several months.

So our last Sunday in D.C., right before Christmas, we had and AWESOME Relief Society lesson.
I don't remember what about specifically, but there was one part of it that hit me really hard. 

We were each given separate notecards with a picture on them.
This was mine:

On the back, there were several scriptures from Luke 7
Verse 47 is my favorite
It reads:

"Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven;
For she loved much:
but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little"

How amazing!
That hit me so powerfully.
Here was this woman who, by the world's standards, was a sinner, not worthy of any note.
And yet because she was bathing the Savior's feet with her kisses and tears, demonstrating her adoration for Him,
He recognized her as a woman who loved much.

"For she loved much."

I too, am like this woman. 
I am mortal.
I am a sinner.
But that does not mean I cannot love much. 

This is my motto for 2013. 
In the end, I want the Lord (and others!) to look at me and recognize this. 
Recognize that despite my MANY imperfections, 
I am capable of loving much. 
Of loving my Savior enough to serve Him.
To proverbially bath His feet with my tears. 
Capable of loving others enough to put their needs before my own. 
And it doesn't have to just be about loving people either!
I want to love school enough to work my very hardest. 
Love myself enough to take care of my needs when neccessary. 
Love my home enough to make it beautiful. 
Love my testimony enough to nurture it. 
Love my talents enough to let them grow. 

It is my FIRM belief that true happiness in this life is governed by our ability to love. 
If we love Heavenly Father and the Savior enough, we will do their will. 
And in doing their will, all other things in life fall into place. 

I would like 2013 to be my best year yet. 
And I want to make this happen,
all by loving much. 

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Whoa... I have never heard that verse before. That is BEAUTIFUL! This message really touched me and hit home to me. I feel the same as you. I'm so imperfect, and I get hung up on those imperfections, but boy do I have a heart that LOVES! I LOVE this! I'm going to post this on my blog, if that's okay, under my Good Reads. I love you!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

How have I never heard this verse before? It is so beautiful and I hope I can always love much too.

Related posts

.