2.13.2013

wellness wednesday: the beginning

Sometimes I look at this blog and I'm like
"what is the point of this?"
It's great to document our life happenings, and my favorite beauty products, and funny stories and such, but sometimes my soul 
(YES. MY SOUL.)
needs something to write about that has a little more UMPH
You feel me?
So, to help me stay motivated and to have more consistent things to write about,
I'm starting two new weekly "series" if you will.
Wellness Wednesday 
and Foodie Friday. 
The purpose in writing about these things is to stay focused on some goals Christian and I have set for this year, to keep myself motivated, and to share thing with you all that I absolutely LOVE.
And in light of that.... 
HERE WE GO.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So about a year and a half ago, I competed
(and I use that word very loosely ha!)
in the Provo Aqua Triathlon.

You might remember my post about it,
in which my bike sucked at life and I couldn't finish the race. 
Well, I'm coming back this year with a vengeance. 
vengeance like this.
my first tri, circa winter 2009.
cool bandana right?!

And not only am I going to complete the race, 
this time WITH my sweet husband instead of him watching from the sidelines,
but it's my goal to PR as well. 
(Not that I've done THAT many triathlons.... but you gotta start somewhere right?!)

Christian and I have been diligently going to the gym for the last month or so, and I'm pleased to say I am making pretty quick progress. 

So I wanted to start this "Workout Wednesday" for several reasons.
- First, to continue to document my/our progress and get SUPER STOKED for that race in August, 
- To prepare myself for my goal of getting certified to be a group exercise instructor in the next year or two,
(my obsession with Body Pump and cycling cannot be contained!!!! OBVI!!!!!!)
- To keep myself motivated to continue this fun habit with Christian, 
- and also to share the latest and greatest workouts we've been doing, the music we listen to, the supplemental healthy food we eat and such. 

Not that I'm a personal trainer, or a nutritionist, or anything like such as...
But this is stuff I have been learning, and honing down for myself personally, since I was a mere 13 years old. 
 I know what my body needs to be healthy. 
I know how to do a kick butt workout.
And I know how to make a mean protein shake. 
And it's time to put these things to consistent practice!

I'm not going to lie....  I really LOVE this stuff too!
 And I would love to start sharing it all with the internets,
........also so I have them to motivate myself in the future when I 
(inevitably)
start struggling around the holidays and such ha!

So bear with me as I begin this little journey. 
And forgive me if I ever sound like a pretentious meat-head. 

Like I said, I love this kind of stuff.
And I'm ready to start documenting it and *hopefully* accomplish some great goals along the way!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

i'm calling you meat-head from now on. but way to go for being so healthy and stuff, you are a champ, meat-head.

also, i am curious to hear if your protein shakes have improved since freshman year because if i remember correctly, you used to almost throw up every time you drank one :)

love you!!!!!!!

Related posts

.