4.09.2013

the day i was pregnant

Don't be fooled by the title of this post.
My "oven" is most assuredly empty.

However, a few weeks ago, I experienced what I will affectionately join the rest of the world in calling a "pregnancy scare".
(I feel the more accurate term would be pregnancy "holycrapwhatiswrongwithmethereisnowayicanbepregnantholycrapholycrapholycrap" scare.
But that's just me.)

Anyways, I'm usually pretty "regular".
Scratch that.
My body is like clock work.  I'm MORE than regular. If you get my drift.
So when normal things didn't happen when they should have started happening,
and I realized that there were some potential complications that had occurred over that last few weeks.....
I maybe started freaking out a little. 

This is basically how that day went.
While sitting at work:
"Postings jobs doesn't matter right now!
I'm probably going to have a BABY IN 8 MONTHS!"

While taking a test:
"I don't remember ANYTHING I studied about stupid marketing!
And it doesn't even matter because I'm probably going to be a MOTHER before the year is over!"

While out to dinner with Christian:
"So what do you think we will we name the baby?"
(As you can see, I was 100% convinced I was pregnant at this point.
Nothing like THAT conversation to stress a poor young husband out.)

While watching a movie:
"I can't pay attention to the stupid Avengers, because I swear I can feel a fetus inhabiting my womb. In fact, I'm feeling kind of nauseous....
YEP I'M DEFINITELY PREGNANT" 


When I woke up the next morning:
"It's Saturday.
HOLY CRAP I'M PREGNANT"

The moral of the story is:
Basically I'm the most ridiculous woman ever.

Anyways, things returned to normal a few days later.
(Which I was slightly thrilled and also slightly disappointed about.
Guess I'm ready to be a mom? 
Sorta?)
And that was easily the most comical and stressful 48 hours of my life.
Married friends....
Has this happened to any of you?
Or am I the only crazy alwaysthinki'mpregnant lady?

5 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I am that person too! I have taken several pregnancy tests since being married...

Lana said...

This happened to me two weeks after our honeymoon. Turns out I just had mono. And every month for the first 6-8 months or so I was certain I was pregnant. I think there is something about actually being able to get pregnant (besides immaculate conception of course) that makes you wonder if you are.

Jared + Carly Reid said...

hahahaha yes. 2nd month of marriage. scariest, coolest, saddest time of my life! and just like you, i was ecstatic and sad at the same time when mother nature finally rolled around haha.

Chellin said...

Multiple times because I am far from regular so I never have ANY idea. Lets just say I am the mommy to be who called Wolf...or baby. When I actually become pregnant my husband won't believe me! :)

Jenny said...

Yes! Almost a week late. Being on birth control, this shouldn't happen!

Your freak outs mirror mine exactly!

Related posts

.