4.18.2013

things of beauty

It's about to get WAY nerdy up in here, but this was too good not to share. 
You've been warned. 

So maybe I've mentioned before, but for my whole life I've always LOVED animals. 
It verged on obsession all through my childhood, and to be honest not much has changed ha. 
Along those same lines, I also love nature and everything pertaining to it. For as long as I can remember, I have felt such a pull to these things. It's such an integral part of me that it almost feels engrained into my spirit and spirituality. 
(Am I a flower child, or what?!)
 I adore natural history museums, nature documentaries and tv shows, books, newspaper articles.... basically anything that can fuel my intense desire to learn about God's creations, both living and non-living.

Thankfully I have a husband who encourages this and participates in it with me. 
(In case anyone ever doubts that we are soul mates...)
Well, last week he told me about this documentary he saw on netflix called Crimson Wing, and we watched it together on Sunday.

YOU GUYS.
It was seriously the best movie I have seen in a long long time. 
The music was incredibly moving. 
The cinematography is mind blowing. 
And come on... the movie is about FLAMINGOS! 
Their story is so incredible, and just.... 
AH. 
I can't say enough good things about this movie. 
If you have Netflix, go watch it like.... yesterday. 
Or at least watch the preview and be amazed.



Sometimes I wonder why I love these things so much. After years of pondering, I've come to the conclusion that learning about Heavenly Father's creations bring me much closer to Him. 
It invites the spirit into my life, it helps me better understand His power and love for us, and for me specifically. If he can govern this huge flock of flamingos in the middle of Africa to live like this, imagine how invested He must be in OUR lives. 
It's absolutely amazing.

If you are looking for more ways to invite the spirit into your life and feel closer to God, I highly recommend starting with something like this. 

Truly this world is beautiful and amazing, and stands as a gigantic living testimony that He lives, He knows who we are, He knows what we need, and He loves us dearly.

No comments:

Related posts

.