5.09.2013

the vacation let-down

Obviously I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus.
I shut down my facebook about a month and a half ago
(or rather, I had Christian change my password so I've unable to log in, 
much to my dismay during finals week ha!)
And being off facebook kind of shut down my desires to peruse other social media sites, ESPECIALLY while we were in Florida with our families.

But now here I am.
Back to the blog.
And back in dumb old Utah.

Ever since getting married, I have felt a serious case of family cling-y-ness.
Maybe it's my brothers growing up.
Mckay getting ready to leave on his mission.
The fact that my family is no longer just a 10 hour drive away.
That my mom is the most darling and hilarious woman I know,
or that my dad is the sweetest and best advice giver.
Or maybe I've been lucky enough to experience a paradigm shift and I'm slowly learning even more what REALLY matters in this life.
Regardless, leaving Florida was HARD.

 And after spending two weeks airboating through the everglades, watching water polo games, playing with our sweet puppies, going to the temple, trekking through miami, having a "happy everything party", water color painting, endless lunch dates, collecting sea shells on sanibel island, rejoicing in the humidity, getting sunburned and spending hours and hours laughing and talking.......

I'm pretty grouchy about being back to real life today.

(Maybe the fact that I'm jet-laggy AND I had a hot pocket for lunch today isn't helping either.
Let's be real. Hot pockets are the worst.)

Here are some pictures.
And that's all.
The Miami skyline is seriously PERFECTION.
I'm really pushing to get an internship down there next summer (and convince my sweet husband that it's a good idea!). Oh how I would kill to be down there every day!

YOU GUYS. 
There are wild peacocks all over South Florida. 
Seriously my family had 5 in their yard a few weeks ago. And you thought alligators was crazy.
Speaking of alligators.......

I love the Everglades so much. 
Plain and simple.
Also, LOOK AT THAT ALLIGATOR.

I also love this guy. 
Happy 1 year and 2 day anniversary to us!

This is basically Florida in a picture.
Again, perfection.

The Orlando temple holds a special place in my heart. So happy we got to be there for Elise on her special day! Tahiti is so lucky to be getting her!

Art deco and fancy cars. 
Miami beach is so ballin.

This is what happens when mom, Christian and I are bored at Target. 
We raid the party aisle, and then we have a "happy everything" bash just for the heck of it. 
Seriously one of the best nights I think I've ever had with my family. One for the books, to be sure.

CUTEST COUPLE AWARD!

I don't know how I didn't get any pictures of M&D.
(Which is a shame because at one point, my dad was wearing a light-up mohawk.
Seriously. 
And let's be real, the back of mom's head while she's alligator hunting doesn't count as a good picture.
Although I do love me some good alligator hunting shots)

No comments:

Related posts

.