5.17.2013

truths

I've been inspired by some of my favorite bloggers  (like 4 months ago. I'm late to the game, but I'm suffering from a mild case of bored-isis) so here goes:

- I listen to the Little Women soundtrack when I'm sad.
Or when I need to feel peace. 
Or when I need to calm down.
(Read: when being hyper at work isn't appropriate)
Or when I need to think of Christian Bale
(KIDDING)
Basically it fits every occasion.

- I really love country music. 
(my teenage self would be balking at that statement.
I used to be a self proclaimed country hater. I know.)

But here's the thing.
 I cannot STAND Luke Bryan. 
Seriously, he is the literal worst country singer ever.
Christian and I make so much fun of him that I feel bad sometimes.
Then I listen to "Country girl shake it for me"....
And I stop feeling bad real quick.

- I have this thing where I can't finish food all the way. 
Unless it's fish tacos. I don't mess with fish tacos. 
Anyways, pretty much every night I give Christian the last part of my dinner. 
If I have carrots in my lunch, there are usually 2 or 3 half eaten ones left over. Sick right.
And as much as I love pickles, I cannot make myself eat the last one in the jar if other people could possibly eat it instead.
I just feel like I'm robbing them of their pickle eating potential!
And speaking of tacos.....

-They are probably my favorite food ever. 
And finding out about a new delicious taco place?
NOW THAT'S HAPPINESS.
(Ps. We are trying Blue Pablano in Provo tonight and I'm stoked. Tacos ftw!)

-I am beyond petrified of losing Christian.
If I ever get mad at him, and then go a while without seeing him because of school or whatev,
I imagine what it would be like if he died
(sometimes I'm a little morbid)
 and I usually start crying and immediately stop being mad about whatever I was mad about.
It's incredibly stupid, but hey there's more than one way to skin a cat right?!

- I adore Art Deco and anything with a tropical-spanish-southern vibe.
Hence my deep abiding love for Mexican food (TIA ROSAS FOREVER!), Zumba, flamingos, Florida, the Caribbean and anything that's tropically colored or decorated.
No matter how flamboyant it is. 

And finally
I can only fall asleep on my stomach.
I cannot raise one eyebrow independent of the other. 
I am addicted to Cholula hot sauce.
I am obsessed with the Backstreet Boys.
I am terrified of the dentist.
(We're talking "haven'tbeenin5years" level of terrified.
And I'm still cavity free. Whad up)
In the last week, I've watched every single video associated with Cinderella on Broadway.
I've never been stung by a bee, or anything else with a stinger.
And my biggest fear is vast, deep ocean water and getting attacked by a shark while swimming through aforementioned ocean water.
(I don't know how I would ever end up in that circumstance.
All I know is I would be freaking scared if I did.)
 
And now you know about 75% more than you could have ever hoped to know about
Brooke (no middle name) Showalter Carter.
Y'Welcome.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Being afraid your husband will die is [maybe] not normal but it happens to me all the time. It only means I will never stay mad which means we'll never split up. Yeah!

Also, getting pregnant will cure you of stomach sleeping. I dont even like it anymore and I used to be just like you.

I am afraid of really deep pools and swimming alone for the same reason -what if there was a shark. And we know there will never be a shark in a pool! craziness

Related posts

.