6.12.2013

wellness wednesday? forget you!

If my most recent post didn't make this apparent enough, the last several days around the Carter house have been ROUGH ones . 
(And not just because I've been a raging-she-woman-of-death-and-fire.
Although that probably doesn't help right?)
 
Between the two of us, Christian and I are working 4 jobs right now. 
So on top of work, commuting, battling with crazy kids, and training for this triathlon (whyyyyyyy), I think we are both a little frazzled by the end of the day. 
Sometimes when this happens, it's a natural reaction to go into survival mode and stop reaching out to each other. I am especially guilty of pushing Christian away when life gets a little unbearable.

We had a little heart to heart last night, and after a lot of talking and a lot of tears, I was yet again reminded just how thankful I am for this guy. I just really really love him.

Neither one of us are perfect.
(Hello, my middle name is "practically the most imperfect person you will ever meet!")
But what's most important is that we are both trying. 
It doesn't matter whether or not dinner gets made. 
Or laundry gets done. 
Or dishes are clean. 
Or sleep is had.
Or beds get made.
It matters that I love Christian and he loves me and we are trying our best to be good and happy and kind and charitable GOSH DARNIT.

And at the end of the day, isn't that what matters most in EVERY aspect of life?
Whether you are single or married or young or old or male or female or fat or skinny or average or normal or crazy, sometimes I think we all just need to slow down, stop freaking the heck out, and just say to ourselves
"I'm doing the best I can, and that's all that matters."

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Geez, I love this!! It's so real and raw. And I'm all about that. I am seriously your biggest stalker, biggest fan, biggest creeper friend. Seriously. I just adore you. I say a girly date in a few weeks. You, me, Alexa, and we'll get HYPER!

danielle said...

My thoughts exactly this week!

Related posts

.