7.03.2013

a funny story from our dating life

Some of you probably know that Christian and I met, and pseudo dated during our freshman year at BYU. 
Glad you figured out your hair situation, love. 

The last few days I've been reflecting a lot on our relationship and I remembered something truly hilarious from the very bare-bones-beginnings of it. 
After Christian and I confessed our feelings for one another
(If I remember correctly, it was through text.....
Obviously we were truly mature 19 year old baby children)
one of my friends asked me if I would write to him on his mission. 

My exact response was:
"PFFFFFFFTTTTT. 
NO"
Clearly, I was NOT all about tying myself to some young missionary fella for 2 years. 

And here we are, almost 5 years later, and I'm eating my words every single day.
 Not only did I write and write and write to Christian (those were the most excruciating 2 years, I'll tell ya!)
I married the guy.

And boy am I thankful, because he still sweeps me off my feet just as much as he did back then.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh do I basically comment on everything? Yes.
I love that picture from the baseball game! You both look so young!
I'm pretty sure me and Kaylie made you text Christian that you liked him hahaha I remember a lot of peer pressure in that situation.

Also, remember the P.S. I love you text? That still makes me laugh.
I love you guys!

Kimber said...

"PFFFFFFFTTTTT.
NO"

hahaha, i swear i'm always left out of the loop of my friend's love lives until they've gotten engaged. it's all good but you guys are cute, i love it. and i saw nicole's comment about the ps i love you text hahaha

Related posts

.