7.03.2013

wellness wednesday: what's stinky and clean at the same time?

I've been all sorts of anti-blogging lately. Life has hit us upside the head over the last few weeks, so I'm trying to take some time to reconnect with my husband, myself, and the things that really matter. So let's just ignore the fact that there are going to be quite a few meaningless posts in a row, shall we?
We shall. And moving on.

So last week I tried something new. 

First off, I've always had a very sensitive scalp. Water other than my normal shower, dramatic change in temperatures and humidity levels, and new products always cause a lot of irritation. It also changes and gets quite irritated along with my cycle, which I think is dumb and unjust but hey. 
Whatryagonnado.
I also use salt spray almost every day, so along with the fact that my hair is colored, basically my hair and scalp take a constant beating. 
I've been wanting to use a clarifying shampoo for a while now, but then I remembered you can do the same thing with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. I had a bottle in my pantry so I decided to go for it. 


YOU GUYS. 
It was the most amazing thing I've probably ever done for my hair. 
(Aside from this one time I got a hot oil scalp massage that lasted for literally 45 minutes. 
Are you dying just thinking about that? Because I am)

My hair felt so soft and clean, and my scalp has been irritation free all week long! It felt really nice to strip all the products off my hair, especially considering I spray it with salt every day.
The things we do for beauty.
If you are feeling the need for some hair revival without spending a ton of money, I HIGHLY recommend doing this!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've been wanting to try this! Stewart and I have literally the hugest bottle/barrel of braggs. Stewart is a long time user of the mother. How weird is it that they call that stuff the mother? I love it.

I use it for my face every day and it is so so good for my skin! Stewart straight up drinks it every day. He says it helps with inflammation and joint tenderness.
Next up, I will try it on my hair.

Lana said...

I drink some every day too! I feel like it helps my digestion and skin for sure. Also on a grosser note, if you are feeling a feminine musk because we're all married here and let's be real, you can put a cup of it in bath water and it restores pH levels and removes offending odors. Or on a washcloth in the shower. Magical magical apple cider vinegar.

Related posts

.